whats your favourite tipple

radio1ham

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Latley imn buying in 8 ales (£10) a week, and I have a few I like a lot. Marstons Firestoker and Marstons Burton Bitter are fantastic ales.

I dont drink any of that light foreign lager junk anymore. Only propper English ale. :yes:

The chap who sells me the ale is a local retained firefighter so we always have a good chat when im in the shop.

Favourite would have to be Laphroig malt. :yes:

For chilling out, a cold bottle of Kronenbourg 1664.

Are we related?.. that is exactly my choice, in both areas, i have 3 bottles of the fire water at home, the quarter cask is defo my fav!

Edited by Boondougal

cant beat a GOOD pint of camerons strongarm, after that I am also very very partial to a drop of nice single malt,

not fussed on womens pee ( lager) although if stuck a pint of stella can do the job!

cheers KW

For Ale, I go for Marsden's Old Peculier or Norfolk's own: Nelson's Revenge. They're a world apart but both world class!

If I happen by chance to wander in to a pub that doesn't have a good stock of real ales then Guinness it is! Regular obviously as only morons would drink ale / stout cold :P Damn marketting gimmicks!

For lager, which I don't drink but I'll admit can be nice on a hot day, I'll go for Coors or Corona. All the other lagers have a really sickly **** like taste IMHO. Also good for hot days is pernod and lemonade.

For shorts, I used to be an exclusively single malt man. These days my no.1 is actually a blend: Johnnie Walker - Black Label. IMHO it beats or equals all of the malts I've tried and absolutely blows away half of the pricey whiskeys I've sampled. Even the more expensive Johnnie Walkers! Mix it 50:50 with Stones Ginger Wine and you get a perfect Whiskey Mac with an intriguing flavour and a good kick! Monkey Shoulder is also an outstanding Whiskey if you can get hold of it :hmm: Jamesons is good as a standby!

Another thing I'm very fond of is a good Absinthe. La Fee Parisian is my favourite so far but I admit that I do need to sample more brands. Obviously: I make my absinthe up the traditional way (and that's not the method involving fire - that's a 20th century marketting gimmick). It drives me crazy when you order Absinthe in a bar and they give you a shot glass. Would you stand for it if you ordered a beer and they gave you a handful of Barley?! Pfft :yes:

I also enjoy making cocktails. Although it is VERY expensive to maintain a good stock to work with. At the moment I've fallen on hard times and my mixer cabinet is down to two bottles of Sambucca (black and standard) and a dribble of Midori :lol: Ah wel... money can't buy you happiness... or so they say :lol:

Edited by harpo_the_bad

Actually forgot another favourite -

Summer Lightning :yes:

Ditto or Crop Circle but they vary a lot from pub to pub.

Discovery is another top summer beer, I don't like bitters so much in the summer they are a winter drink to me.

I would like to like Whiskey but the smell of it makes me :P before it even gets to my mouth - I know I am missing out :hmm:

Summer Lightning :yes:

Discovery is another top summer beer, I don't like bitters so much in the summer they are a winter drink to me.

I would like to like Whiskey but the smell of it makes me :hmm: before it even gets to my mouth - I know I am missing out :lol:

same for me. ive mates who realy enjoy it, and i feel like i miss out as well. i do like a good chilled vodka though, just with ice :P

Summer Lightning :blink:

I would like to like Whiskey but the smell of it makes me :sick: before it even gets to my mouth - I know I am missing out :(

Its quite difficult to find in pubs too, they usually have it as a guest ale but then its gone!

Is a nice drop tho :hmm:

i'm on the wagon at the moment, (due to expanding waistline) but has to be Guiness Draught but not the extra cold stuff, and used to enjoy Jameson's or Bushmills Black with water no fizzy stuff in it, but due to not remebering getting home when drinking either have not indulged in a year or so!!!