Bisley Meet 2008 - Part 2.

Dunkield

Well done Stuart,

I am sure you will make an excellent organiser. I am just going to turn up shoot and get drunk.

Or is it the other way around?

I am an excellent organisor, but we can wait until Nick gets back off holiday it is only fair :)

Which organisation will it be booked through?

Guys,

While I do not want to get involved in the organisation one bit, you can put me down for the clays.

Can I suggest the 6th and 7th sept as the dates.

If so I can possibly rent out the entire Bullet Lodge which sleeps about 20 has full facilities and clean hygenic showers and toilets.

I will see if it is available if this is the date we can all agree on.

Well what can i say. Im gutted, and very annoyed.

By the sounds of things we have fallen victim to some busy bodies and people having 'mates' who take priority over rules.

First of all i would like to apologise to every member who had a wasted trip. Some of you drove massive distances and i cant apologise enough for that.

Secondly a massive thankyou to MC I know a few members have had a pop at the organisation, and fair enough you have a reason to be annoyed but MC and myself played it all by the book when booking, what we didnt realise was the book was open to modification. MC did an excellent job of booking the ranges and dealing with the mess on the day. And i thank him for that, having had to deal with a similar situation last year with F+M stopping sunday i know what a logistical nightmare it is.

Some may wonder why we used the NRA direct as opposed to the BASC, well the first year we used the BASC it was fine, with 15 or so people, But when you mention the numbers of people which bisley has grown to the BASC start asking for things such as everyone's membership number who is shooting. As i know some members choose to use other public liability insurers this has caused problems previously. So we chose to use the NRA direct as it seemed to be simpler. How wrong we were.

I would also like to highlight that we managed to use this same method last year fine, without drawing the attention of anyone. So something was different this year and it certainly wasnt in the organisation or booking of the ranges.

Anyway, this is all in the past. But still my apologies to those who drove long distance at great expense to attend. I can only hope the Social banter was worth the trip.

I like Martin will decline to take on the organisation of another Bisley. It is surprising the amount of time and effort it takes and as may be apparent the weight on your shoulders if it goes wrong.

I hope Bisley continues even if we decide to make it just a social event where people book their own lanes/shooting, which may be the way to do it next time for who ever organises it.

Hopefully the banter in the evening was worth it for most members and once again my apologies to those who feel they had a wasted journey.