Shotgun Licence application.

nickb

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I`m now in week 8 after getting my application receipt from Staffordshire Police (Shotgun)

Called today to see how things were going, might have well asked my dog for all the info I got!

My mate sent his FA/Shotgun application off to Derbyshire Police, within a week, reciept, interview and a likey date for his ticket (approx 2 weeks)

In the league of countys, is Staffs the worse?

Which county is the fastest?

Your thoughts all........... :drinks: :no: put in for mine oct 20 interview this week who knows how long after that

northern ireland

Nick

Northampton gave me my SGC as soon as I got my cabinet installed. THEY rang me up to chase, when I seemed to be taking a while!!! :lol:

Excellent service and a very nice FEO. Thanks Andi J!!

We're pretty lucky in Northants; i have heard stories on this thread to make the hair curl! :o

Northern Ireland - My wife recently applied for a 20G and also to add my 12G and rifle on loan. Whole process took 12 weeks.

Made a few calls to the PSNI and they were reasonably helpful and kept me informed of the progress (the delay was checking out the land that the rifle was to be used on). After a while I started getting frustrated so got onto my local BASC and 3 days later it arrived.

In my opinion, there is a fine line between calling the PSNI too much and therefore not getting any favours. The BASC seems the best way if you are not getting any response from the PSNI.

Thing is - are we talking renewal times here or a fresh application?

Obviously those who are fitting cabinets etc are fresh applications, but what about the others? My fresh application took just under two weeks (West Midlands Police) The FAO actually brought the cert with him on his 2nd visit when he checked the security.

Very good service I reckon. nice helpful bloke too.

Northern Ireland - My wife recently applied for a 20G and also to add my 12G and rifle on loan. Whole process took 12 weeks.

Made a few calls to the PSNI and they were reasonably helpful and kept me informed of the progress (the delay was checking out the land that the rifle was to be used on). After a while I started getting frustrated so got onto my local BASC and 3 days later it arrived.

In my opinion, there is a fine line between calling the PSNI too much and therefore not getting any favours. The BASC seems the best way if you are not getting any response from the PSNI.

You must be one of the lucky ones. It took me 4 weeks recently to just get the cover letter for my renewal/variation. My Fathers renewal has been away since October and there is still no sign of it.

• 2 weeks later...

So far around 4 weeks (Humberside Police). Missed a call from the PC about arranging a visit today, been rushed off my feet at work today :yes:

Still he was good enough to leave a voicemail with his name and say he would try again, so if I don't hear back from him tomorrow, I can at least try and call him the day after.

Just need to get the cabinet fitted now that turned up on Friday, had a busy weekend and wasn't expecting a call from the Police about a visit yet.

i,m in staffordshire aswell its taken 8weeks from the date of recieving the application to haveing my interview more like ten weeks since sending the application and have now got to wait a further two or three weeks untill in comes through the post,well worth the wait though :good:

• 2 weeks later...

10 working days?? That is excellent, I'm in Lincolnshire, posted a coterminous application 5th March, hadn't heard anything, so rang them up after a week as the guidelines said cheques were cashed upon receipt and I was concerned it had gone astray. Was told that they got it the previous day and interview would take between 12 and 16 weeks. There goes the summer then! :rolleyes: