Anyone getting much action in the rain?

Si-Bore

Rain what rain?......... I jest of course, whens it going to stop, day in day out nothing but bl**dy rain.

Im absolutely hacked off with it,everything has to be done on foot and takes twice as long, cant go on the fields or your up to the axles in mud, cant start anything and if you do its either pack up or get soaked again..... there I feel so much better now for a rant... not!! :stupid:

:good: D2D

Edited by dusk2dawn

Went out yesterday in pouring rain, and to my surprise I got fifteen rabbits. You'd think they would be underground, but maybe it's getting damp down there in the burrows. They seemed to sit tight even when I started barraging them with the HMR without sound mod. I got five in one place without moving, one shot after another. Quite amazing. I was out two days before in similar weather at a different place, and I got a rabbit and a pigeon. First pigeon I've shot in years and very tasty. Took the breasts off it (including the one with an exit hole and a chunk missing), fried them gently in butter with some salt, pepper and green peppers, simmered gently for twenty minutes, added some basil and cream and had it on toast as a starter.... Very nice, followed by lamb steaks, home grown French beans and rioja.

Edited by Evilv

Went out yesterday in pouring rain, and to my surprise I got fifteen rabbits. You'd think they would be underground, but maybe it's getting damp down there in the burrows. They seemed to sit tight even when I started barraging the with the HMR without sound mod. I got five in one place without moving, one shot after another. Quite amazing. I was out two days before in similar weather at a different place, and I got a rabbit and a hundred and ten yard pigeon, which I sneaked up and shot from behind a hedge. Thanks HMR - nice one. First pigeon I've shot in years and very tasty. Took the breasts off it (including the one with an exit hole and a chunk missing - gave that one to the wench), fried them gently in butter with some salt, pepper and green peppers, simmered gently for twenty minutes, added some basil and cream and had it on toast as a starter.... Very nice, followed by lamb steaks, home grown French beans, and a bottle of rioja.

Edited by Evilv

Went out yesterday on a driven partridge day with LV and Flashman.

Will add photos when the disposable camera comes back from Boots.

We all got completely soaked but we all shot something, however, LV had to pay a fine for his part..... :stupid::good:

Cracking stew dinner afterwards. Just been told the final damage : 18 bottles of wine, 4 cans of stella, 1 hip flask of Brandy, 1 bottle of port - not bad going between the 8 who were drinking.

Can't wait for the next one

all right lads just new on here me and me mate have been getting some great sport in the rain. we have had about 100 birds in last couple of days and missed that many again. just been getting some new land to shoot there is 2000 aker of crop to go at all mixed corn rape and barley.i have never seen so many pigeons