gun or crosser?

Rabbit_Ryan

Hey ive got a little war going on inside my head :good: ive wondered either to ask for a new air rifle or a little 110 crosser,i think i prefer to get a crosser coz there more fun....etc,im a member of skegness motorcycle club and i go on the back of a suzuki 1400 which i love and we do club trials so i like going on the 250 gas gas :good: so i like wanna get a crosser :good:

Get a gun. Both my sons have retired from moto cross at the grand old age of 27 and 31. Eldest was in Open Class Experts - broke his back. Youngest was in Open Seniors - smashed his leg and shoulder. Eldest was told by the Consultant -another crash and a wheelchair.

Love the sport but too many injuries - both caused by badly designed jumps - installed by idiots who really should know better.

Edited by Gordon R

As a part organisor and admin for an off road club I used to race motocross and then hare and hounds for years.

The list of injuries you end up with in the sport can be pretty scary and large!

In my biking career I had the following:

Broken right wrist 3 times. (probably about 2 months off work total)

'' '' left wrist twice (Probably about 6 weeks off work total)

'' '' lower back (6 months off work)

'' '' left elbow (4 months off work)

'' '' left shoulder socket (5 months off work)

Compound dislocation of my right thumb. (hand in cast for 2 months due to complications and then time off work)

Torn cartiledge in both knees.

Dislocated shoulder. VERY painful!

Broken ankle after being rode over (8 weeks off work)

Large cut to leg requiring 72 stitches from another riders footpeg

Numerous knockouts and concussions

I don't ride anymore after I did my back due to the pains I get after 20 minutes in the saddle. I now only do the photography for the events, run the website and help organise the events. Almost everybody who races will at some point crash and injure themselves. At the end of the day knowing what injuries I have had and how some of them affect me now, I wouldn't have ever got on a bike originally. However, if you have an itch that needs scratching then buy one and have a play on it for a while. Only you can decide which you really want to go for.

Injuries whilst out shooting:

Ripped a set of new pants on some barbed wire once.

Your call at the end of the day.

Here's a picture of my thumb after it was bent back to somewhere hwo its hould be. At this stage it hadn't been put back into it's joint though just straightened ready. Prior to being straightened it was bent 90 degrees backwards with most of the bone poking out. Not pleasant.

largeavatar62810oy7.th.jpgthpix.gif

I too have been into the Moto X in the past Bikes included a YZ100 (Very old 1st Bike) CR125/CR250's/KTM 250/KTM 300/KTM 400 and then the road bike bug kicked in. I still watch alot of local Moto X as I shoot some land with a track on it. I love Moto X I havent had any major injuries like some of the above but I have had a fair few accidents! Never broken a bone but been laying on a spinal board for 45mins before waiting for St Johm ambulance to arrive to take me off for back X-Rays after a massive crash.

Given the choice of a gun or a moto X bike. Id get a cheap bike and a gun :lol: If you get a bike get a Honda or a KTM though imho both solid reliable bikes. I started to go down the green laning road hence the KTM300/400 and thats when the road bike thing started. Now I have a CBR600F Sport which I love to bits. How old are you? Trouble with Moto X is that unless you start when your about 5 its hard to get as quick as some of the other nutters :hmm:

I'd go for the crosser but it would all depend on the place you can use it. Ive turned mine into a supermoto now as all the local off road places have either closed or the old bill spend all weekend patrolling. We had our chassis numbers taken once and told if we came back they would confiscate the bikes. We were always careful, wore the right kit and were always courteous to horse riders/walkers etc.. It was unfortunately the small percentage of idiots that spoilt it for everyone (as is the case with most things unfortunately).

My advice is if youve got a genuine place to use one then go for it, if not buy the gun :hmm:

Che

Edited by Che_Nottm

get a gas gas... trials riding is much more sedate... i have a list of injuries as long as your arm, all relating to riding bikes.... i used to race a honda cr500, the daddy of all crossers mate.... they are expensive to maintain, its a VERY, ruthless competitive sport, which for most riders is short lived....

trials riding is the one mate, takes real skill and control... i used to ride for my district club on a gas gas 250 fortuna... top bikes, low maintenance, very reliable, and a safe friendly atmos at events....

crossers are great fun, but with all happiness comes pain.....

i used to race a honda cr500, the daddy of all crossers mate....

Happy memories.A friend had one and to date-i've never riden or driven anything since which accelerated as fast.Made my YZ250 feel like a moped afterwards! :lol:

Despite the various injuries i picked up doing motorcross and the fact i earlier suggested a gun instead-crossers are so much fun and you cant beat doing power wheelies! I love 2 strokes,but have always been a Yam man. :hmm:

My son broke his back at Blackpool Club motocross meeting. The St John's Ambulance personnel manhandled him into standing on his feet despite the fact that he was screaming in pain. I would never, ever let them near an injured person again. When he broke his leg, about 6 years before, one of them was smoking a cigarette, resting one foot on his broken leg when I arrived.

My son broke his back at Blackpool Club motocross meeting. The St John's Ambulance personnel manhandled him into standing on his feet despite the fact that he was screaming in pain. I would never, ever let them near an injured person again. When he broke his leg, about 6 years before, one of them was smoking a cigarette, resting one foot on his broken leg when I arrived.

the st john bragade i wouldnt let them treat a dead pigeon