The best gig you ever did see

tosspot

1st

Monsters of Rock 1988 - Donnington

Iron Maiden - Nothing like that stage show and boy can they play.

KISS - Just brought the house down the way Kiss do.

David Lee Roth - 110,000 people jumping to Jump.

Megadeth - Were surprisngly good live.

Guns N' Roses - Axle loosing his cool at the crowd when the lad got crushed to death, it was kind hard to remeber the bands performance after that. :good:

Helloween - Simply fantastic.

2nd

AC/DC at the Miklton Keynes bowl several years ago and supported by The Offspring.

3rd

Girlschool 1987 In a pokey old pub in Hammersmith supported by Tank, simply brilliant.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YP - Did you ever get down South with the shandy boys? - Our paths would have crossed a lot i think.

Dropkicks are great, but most of me faves are now dead, disbanded or beyond retirement. fAITH nO mORE, Acid Reign, Slayer, The Mighty Motorhead, Dumpys - I'll take Napalm Death and I'll raise ya - What about Lawnmower Deth - Cracking chuckle.

I do miss a mosh pit....

Lawnmower death ...... i caught the clap and me **** fell off, or watch out granny here comes a mower, they were so funny, the album artwork made me buy it :good:

seen entombed ... in the crazy house, liverpool a fair few years ago.... also, tool, rage, korn, metallica...loads more too.... rem, system of a down, bob dylan, van morrison... chilli peppers....

saw a young lady called joanna newsom not long ago in the bridgewater hall, manc.... its a VERY aquired taste...she plays a huge harp, been on later with jools a few times... i was mesmerized....

hoping to go and see seasick steve soon....

Japan - Hammersmith

and surprisingly Tears for Fears also Hammersmith - and both a very long time ago :lol:

Gaylord, move back to Essex :blush:

1 st proper gig ever, Thin Lizzy at the Hammersmith Odeon around 1977.

Motorhead Bomber tour, probably the same year, fireworks got caught on the wires and Lemmy weren't best pleased :lol::lol::lol:

The Damned around '77 at Chelsea Art College, 'king excellent :hmm:

The Clash and the Pistols in both the 100 Club and The Marquee.

999 at a local pub in Stockwell which ended with the SPG coming in and getting run out again twice :lol:

LB

ex-roadie seen loads from early 80s to late 90s -floyd jacko queen stones meatloaf iron maiden alice cooper zztop u2 guns and roses van halen plant iggy pop christians glitter wet wet wet marrillion level 42 etc etc plus all the pop bands.always liked the glitter show [until i found out he is a kid fiddler] level42 queen great shows,kim wilde wet dreams,and hated the smiths posh kid who wanted to be poor ,but billy bragg offstage by far the biggest tw*t

Edited by derek.snr

ex-roadie seen loads from early 80s to late 90s -floyd jacko queen stones meatloaf iron maiden alice cooper zztop u2 guns and roses van halen plant iggy pop christians glitter wet wet wet marrillion level 42 etc etc plus all the pop bands.always liked the glitter show [until i found out he is a kid fiddler] level42 queen great shows,kim wilde wet dreams,and hated the smiths posh kid who wanted to be poor ,but billy bragg offstage by far the biggest tw*t

Cheers Derek, forgot about ZZTOP :lol: Who happened to sound exactly like the album at Wembley Arena and the Lazer show was good :blush:

LB

Harlem Jonns Reshuffle - they never made the big time, but singer - Stuart Widdall is still going strong fronting another band. Seen a lot of big names over the years and some big disappointments, when playing live, but these were the best by a mile. Never really made it outside the North - sadly.

monsters of rock donnington 1984.

AC/DC

Van Halen

Ozzy Osbourne

Gary Moore

Y&T

Accept

Mötley Crüe

gary moore and dc were outstanding cant even remember who y&t were?

also got backstage passes for motorhead and iron maiden(with paul d'ianno singing) at middlesbrough town hall about the same time :good:

gary moore and dc were outstanding cant even remember who y&t were?

Y&T were a hair band from back in the 80's - Not missed too badly!!!

My first Donington was '85 with ZZ Top headlining (And actually playing their instruments this time LB - I was at Milton Keynes when they mimed the whole set - Sh*te!!). Best band on the bill that day were third on (and fresh from a gig at the Marquee 2 days before that i managed to blag in to) - Little known band from San Francisco - Metallica!!! Stole the day completely.