one to avoid?

Ripped off

what happens when it goes t---ts up? somethings to be aware of :yes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi not sure where to put this so im hoping its ok in here for others to see,i recently purchased a gun of a darren richardson from bishop auckland parcel arrived and full of cardboard and no gun can anyone on here vouch for this guy or has anyone had good bad or in different dealings with him because this is now an internal investigation and also ive reported it to the police,at the moment i arent sure if it was put in box to be sent or its been stolen from the dreaded parcel force so id appreciate any help from anyone regards neil just so everyone knows to my knowledge this man is NOT a bbs member and the gun was Not bought from of BBs it was bought of a gun site called uk gun auctions

I have sent 2 air rifle through the post, standard parcel, cost roughly £8. The PO are legally obliged to deliver them. When I took them to be posted the lady behind the counter asked me what they were, I told her and she only asked the value for insurance purposes.

Hope you get your cash back mate

its simple really to check if the gun was in there originally if you think about it!

look at the price of postage on the parcel! parcel prices are determined by weight so if you work out the weight at the point when it was sent it will tell you if a 5-10lb gun was in it or not when posted, if this is the case then the acclaimed seller will be facing a fraud charge and will also give you good grounds for getting the money back off him through the legal process

just a bit of food for thought prob not a good idea face to face as much as we all feel like it sometimes its not worth risking your guns!

Sorry to hear about your being robbed, S&S. Might you be able to get your loot back through your bank or credit card company?

I've been caught as well, see http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...c=66998&hl=

Anyone else got any con artists to add to this post? If we can stop other PW members repeating our mistakes, then so much the better, in my view.

I can assure you that the police take a very dim view of any dishonesty with firearms even on a private sale. A friend of mine sent a gun to RFD for a private sale- the guy did'nt pay for it and when the dust finally settled his SGC was revoked as the local constabulary felt he was not of a trustworthy nature to own firearms.

Same as RFD's- If there is a dispute over payment other than over defective goods its the police who resolve it- They have then an overbearing interest then whether the individual is suitable to remain an RFD.

Contact your FEO and normally he will be happy to help.

Regards

starlight32

If it was an air rifle, and the sale is second hand, it is legal to post the item - f 2 f is only required for the sale of a gun by a dealer by way of trade, so second hand sales by post between private individuals are perfectly OK.

If it was sect 1 or 2, the gun can only be sent legally to an RFD who completes the table on the FAC or SGC when handing over f 2 f.

Interestingly, and not seemingly commonly understood, is that RFD to RFD to SGC/FAC/new owner is only needed on the sale of a gun, if its a purchase by an RFD, they can arrange remote collection perfectly legally

As far as Parcel Force is concerned, if you check their terms of carriage, you need to be an approved account holder before you can send a gun. Casual sendings by non-approved customers are in breach of their terms and they would probably not support any loss claim as a result.

DHL do not accept guns.

TNT have a special service for guns, with tracking ad insurance, organised through the Gun Trade Association. Most RFDs use this service as does London Proof house etc.

Business Post have account customer arrangements for sending guns.