Religion

pavman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7233335.stm

Dr Rowan Williams said the UK had to "face up to the fact" some citizens did not relate to the UK legal system.

So why are they here if they do not relate to the legal system?

Basically you are working over a fallacy, I have been well pi......drunk in several muslim states, I didn`t get my hands chopped off or anything untoward, in fact they seemed to be more tolerant of my religious and cultural differences than you do of theirs. I would do a better serch than that if I were to try and bolster my defence of a wholly bigoted and flawed statement. BTW - This was in the mid 1980`s

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its happening in Africa at the moment, they are knocking down schools built by Christians in the past and building new ones built and paid for by Muslims and they have to learn the Kuram what ever it is called and speak Arabic.

I don't see what that's got to do with anything. A lot of Africa is Muslim anyway and Arabic has been spoken in parts for centuries. I don't see how you can take offence to Muslims going over there to preach but think that it is fine for Christians to do the same. If it's because you think that Christians are all lovey dovey and Muslims are violent I guess you're just ignoring the little incident known as 'the crusades'.

I think your philosiphy on the whole situation is a little blinkered.

I think I'm right in saying that someone else got a little annoyed with a group of people and their religion about 70 years ago, I think it was in Germany.... I forget the guy's name.

I think your philosiphy on the whole situation is a little blinkered.

bonkers more like

I think I'm right in saying that someone else got a little annoyed with a group of people and their religion about 70 years ago, I think it was in Germany.... I forget the guy's name.

did he have one ball and was the other one in the Albert Hall ? :good:

Ok I will let you do whatever you want, but dont come crying when something happens. You know something going to happen and its only time, open your eyes and see.

Adolf Hitler believed in one super race. I am not talking about getting rid of every coloured or other religions just the fact they they want to bring in laws here that will affect everyone not just them.

And I know my history on the crusades.

And good night not replying till tomorrow.

Edited by dustyfox

If you genuinely believe that man has a finite life and it all go black when we pop our clogs .Just suppose ,just suppose ,that there is a life after death ,may be heaven and hell .would you want to take the chance of going down . I think if you look close enough you can see evidence of an after life of some kind . The paranormal is a very weird thing and lots of it can be very scary .

Let me tell you of a very true story that happend to me about20years ago . We had a women who lived a couple of doors away from me who claimed to be a medium . One day she knocked on my door and said that she had a message for my father from an old army mate who was killed in burma during the war . She told me his name and said that he had been seperated from my father and the rest of the plattoon during a fierce fire fight and was finally killed by the japs . She allso told me some personel details of himself and allso told me my fathers army number ,which incidently i did not nkow . When i told my father the story he went white and had to sit down .The army number was correct and the personal details were absulutly correct . My fathers friend was classed as missing in action as his body was never found . Harnser .

Religion doesn't really bother me, I'm happy for anyone to believe what they like, but I have to say that organised religion seems to be more trouble than it's worth (although some people do very good things in the name of religion). I don't think that religion was 'invented' by anyone, people naturally believe in something greater than themselves.

Well I have just sat here in the early hours of the morning and read this thread from start to finish.

Dismayed and disappointed with some of the responses by members (who all have a right to an opinion, I agree) to other members posts . You should be ashamed of yourselves.

There may be one or two on here who are not learned, intelligent gentlemen but see what is happening through their eyes, in THEIR surroundings ,in their own simplistic ways.

And no-one should be cajoled, ridiculed, taken the **** out off or forced to explain themselves.

We don't all live in the suburbs of posh counties or out in the sticks, BUT actually live in or near the inner cities and what we see, we inwardly digest and form our OWN personal opinions as to what is happening, or likely to happen to this once proud country.

It is the Govt. departments and pathetic so called do-gooders that allow garbage, religious fanatics to live here , and SPEAK and RANT and THREATEN us with their mis-guided ideals and malocious intent to harm certain individuals/groups who reside here.

I couldn't give a monkeys a*se to what is happening in other parts of the world as I don't live there and have NOT decided to emigrate their either. They have their Religions and we have ours but it does not mean I have to PRACTISE any of them. or respect them either.

MY CHOICE. and if that is not deemed to be christian in some people's eyes, TOO BAD. I apologise to nobody (unless I feel I have done wrong).

But if some of the members on here cannot see what is happening in the REAL WORLD, may I suggest they got off their backsides and go outside their front doors and SEE FOR THEMSELVES.

This country is fast becoming a dangerous place to live in and whether it is because of Religion,drugs, mindless violence/manslaughter or whatever the excuse THIS IS FACT.

I do not wish to and will not put up any tabloid article to state or certify what someone else has commented or presumed on; as they(the Press) cause just as much s*it; as some of the s*it I see walking/driving around on the streets here.

I do not need to go to any foreign slums as that doesn't "rock my boat", but would rather visit nice, clean and sunnier climes. and when I am abroad, my Family and I RESPECT their laws and customs (even if we don't agree with some of them).

I wanted a nice, pleasant and happy environment for my kids and grandchildren to live in and unfortunately the way things are going it JUST AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN and the one thing I have always told my family is

NEVER GET INVOLVED WITH RELIGION, it causes too many ARGUMENTS.

Rant over.

Dave K

Edited by Topgunners

Not all religion is tagged with such evils, for instance, my religious beliefs are holier than thou:

Our lager,

Which art in barrels,

Hallowed by thy drink,

Thy will be drunk,

At home as it is in the pub.

Give us this day our foamy head,

And forgive us our spillages,

As we forgive those who spill against us

And lead us not into incarceration,

But deliver us from hangovers.

For thine is the beer, the bitter, the lager.

BAR MEN

..................AMEN,(BURP, HIC, I WILL DRINK TO THAT!!

Be well gents. :good:

Well I have just sat here in the early hours of the morning and read this thread from start to finish.

Dismayed and disappointed with some of the responses by members (who all have a right to an opinion, I agree) to other members posts . You should be ashamed of yourselves.

There may be one or two on here who are not learned, intelligent gentlemen but see what is happening through their eyes, in THEIR surroundings ,in their own simplistic ways.

And no-one should be cajoled, ridiculed, taken the **** out off or forced to explain themselves.

The thread is about religion. Not about Greggs the Bakers and the state of the streets in Scotland. If people talk sensibly and knowledgeably about a subject they will earn respect. This is a discussion forum therefore there will always be an element of people disagreeing and other people taking nonsense.

NEVER GET INVOLVED WITH RELIGION, it causes too many ARGUMENTS.

This post is about Religion so you are breaking your own golden rule.

A religous war is like two kids fighting over who's imaginary friend is the best.

*****! One of the funniest ways of describing religion i've heard! :good:

IMO religion always was and always has been a form of control over the masses, but it was a necessary control at the time, most people in the developed world don't realise just how insanely vicious the world has been, and in some places still is, there seems to be a belief that 'that sort of thing doesn't happen anymore'. The delusion of safety can be seen every time the viciousness breaks through and people are 'shocked beyond belief' when people are killed because of one reason or another (often religion!).

With the present fine crust of civility we enjoy now, religion has become less relevant to us and it will only be when this shiney facade is destroyed (disruption of water/food/petrol supply for a fornight for example), that a radical way of controlling the masses, like religion, will have to come to light again. For now we can make do with our daily dose of fear-inspiring news and the gentle tugging of our stings from our political puppet masters through the economy :good: .

Christ ( :oops: ) i don't normally start banging on like this until at least my 6th pint! ha ha!

Personally i couldn't care less if someone wants to pray to an unseen deity, as long as it is benign and they keep it their business.

Mark

Wouldn't argue that religion has caused much hatred and death.

That said, the three major mass atrocities of the 20th Century had little or nothing to do with religion......

Stalinist purges - no religious element

Hitler's Holocaust - targeted Jews but NOT in the name of any Nazi God

Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge - no religious element

Men can usually find plenty of reasons to kill one another....if they get short of reasons then yes religion can come in handy as a fall-back!

The thread is about religion. Not about Greggs the Bakers and the state of the streets in Scotland. If people talk sensibly and knowledgeably about a subject they will earn respect. This is a discussion forum therefore there will always be an element of people disagreeing and other people taking nonsense.

I thought it was about owning GUNS or spelling mistakes that you manage to bring that up in each thread.

As TP said walk out your door and look at these places, they will soon be up your street.

And yes Religion has something to do with immigration and the state of the street, as they will use it as an excuse to get out of a fine. Ever heard of this thing called equal rights??? I dont know how it works because I will get fined £30-£50 if I drop a bit of litter on the streets and these people can dump furnature out on the street and not get done for it. A drunken man will get fined for releaving himself up against a wall while there a bags of human **** on the street. No such thing as equals rights anymore, and this is because the Muslim people will bring up religion as an excuse to get out of things, because they will say something about equal rights. i was simply given a real story that you have turned into a gun ownership and spelling correction story.

I always thought about why the Anti-hunting people go against hunting, most of us will say that they dont know nothing about countrylife or what they are talking about and reading propaganda on the websites or going out and seeing whats it all about. Well maybe you should go out into the city LV and see what I am talking about yes the papers tell lies or exaggerate things, but its becoming true I'm seeing it happen now and you should too, not stay in a house in a village and not experience it because whatever effects the cities will effect the countryside in some way.