PCP refill prices

amateur

Having read that Elma-Thud pays £1.50 to get his PCP refilled, and I pay £1.00, am I getting a bargain or is he being ripped off?

What do you pay?

Yeah! Yeah! - I know that I could buy a pump and do it for free, but I can get a lot of refills for the price of a pump

Am I the only person who just takes mine to the fire station and they fill it for free??! At least I know my taxes are being put to good use!

It depends on the particular brigade policy and the type of cylinders they use. My former brigade stopped doing them many years ago because of insurance issues and the fact that the size and pressure of diving cylinders increased. A great many brigades still use 207bar cylinders which aren't of much use to airgunners and their compressors cut-out is preset and sealed. It would be interesting to know if they are just doing it as a favour 'on the quiet' or they have a policy of doing them for the public. If the latter it is unsual NOT to charge, as most Fire Authorities are commited to a policy of 'best value', in other words, if they have a duty to recover the costs of chargeable services for the benefit of all Council Tax payers. In that case I would do the guys a favour and check, just in case, as brigade management these days are very, very harsh on employees who may tread slightly out of line (remember some guys from GMCFS at Bury FS resting on the floor being charged as they hadn't been trained to so - I kid you not). I would get mine done there if were possible but they are still 207 bar and I don't want to see anyone 'down the road' for the sake of a bit of free air.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Biffo1262

varie's some place's are rip off's 1.50-3.50 i did prefer my pump till i bought buddy bottled rifle's which are a killa to pump :rolleyes: .

If i was using normal "none buddy bottles pcp" i would stick with the pump.

I've learnt that the bigger 12-15 litre or even 300bar in any size save's a lot of journey's/money and messing about.

Am I the only person who just takes mine to the fire station and they fill it for free??! At least I know my taxes are being put to good use!

I am going to give it a go asap :rolleyes: .I would rather donate a few quid to them then some of the rip off shop's pluss there a lot closer.

thank you for the tip :good:

Thanks for the replies guys.

What a range of prices.

My £1 per fill was for the gun alone - not a tank.

If I got one of those my local dive shop would charge £4.

On the number of shots I do a week, I can't really justify the cost of a tank - it would take me years to recover the outlay