All the good things I can remember as a kid

lurcherboy

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Six million dollar man' action figure in red jump suit.You looked through the back of his head where there was a tiny lens and this was his bionic vision! You also rolled up the condom like skin on arm to reveal robotic workings! Fantastic!!! :yes:

Collecting 'StarWars' cards from the first movie in 1977.Did anyone ever manage to collect the entire set and create that scene on reverse from inside the Millenium Falcon with all the cast?

Getting a Raleigh Tomahawk then a Chopper when i was bigger.Then almost ripping my **** off when i slid forward on the ultra slippy seat and hit the automatic style gear selector on crossbar. :good:

Getting an 'Actionman' jeep and trailer for christmas.I treasured this!!! :hmm: Also,collecting the stars from the boxes-anyone else do this?

Believeing that if you mixed 'Space dust' and Coke in mouth-your head would explode. :hmm:

Always playing knock & run on the same door cos theres was the only one around with a musical doorbell...

Happy days. :look:

The 'Six million dollar man' action figure in red jump suit.You looked through the back of his head where there was a tiny lens and this was his bionic vision! You also rolled up the condom like skin on arm to reveal robotic workings! Fantastic!!! :yes:

Collecting 'StarWars' cards from the first movie in 1977.Did anyone ever manage to collect the entire set and create that scene on reverse from inside the Millenium Falcon with all the cast?

Getting a Raleigh Tomahawk then a Chopper when i was bigger.Then almost ripping my **** off when i slid forward on the ultra slippy seat and hit the automatic style gear selector on crossbar. :good:

Getting an 'Actionman' jeep and trailer for christmas.I treasured this!!! :hmm: Also,collecting the stars from the boxes-anyone else do this?

Believeing that if you mixed 'Space dust' and Coke in mouth-your head would explode. :hmm:

Always playing knock & run on the same door cos theres was the only one around with a musical doorbell...

Happy days. :look:

i ended up with a "Grifter" :lol:

grifter.jpg

this is more my era :yes:

A friend of mine had the Raleigh Boxer in yellow then upgraded to a green Grifter when bigger.I always remember his Grifter being really heavy and looking back now-it was probably made from scaffolding,but it never broke with the abuse we gave it! It was a great bike though and looking back it was a forerunner to the BMX. :good:

Yup! They were tiny cigarettes in a topless flimsy packet. On the back was a different 'domino'. Can you remember those penny boxes of SHIP 'safety' matches? They seemed to explode violently when struck!

FC thats right , we used to get 2 bolts and a nut and put the match heads in between then and make a bomb

Winding your Evil Knieval stunt bike up full speed and rubbing the wheel against your brothers' head.

:good::hmm::hmm: at that and FC's pony story!

I drove a remote control car over my sisters head when she was lying on the floor one christmas day, and it got so tangled that it had to be cut out! Score!

Also, the mention of Raleigh Boxers has stirred a few memories. I wanted yellow but ended up getting blue, which wasnt a problem as it was a proper smart bike. You could bend the mud guards over onto the tyres and make it sound like a motorbike, that is until your mudguards were little more than stumps.

ZB

My first gun Christmas 1963 - A johnny seven gun

My first kiss, summer 1968 - Thank you Lorraine

My first love 1969 - Thank you Margaret

My first real gun!!!!A diana 177 - 1970

My first Kill - Starling 1977 with my Diana out of my bedroom window using bread as a decoy!

10 Bob notes.

30 of us running the grand national over the neighbours hedges

Playing cowboys and Indians in 1966, no guns or bows, used rocks - My first skull fracture!

My first West Indian Woodbine!

Swimming across the high Bonnybridge loch for the first time 1968

Soor plooms

Tripe - Yuk

I could go on and on, need a few nippy sweeties first

Anyone remember Mint Cracknel ?

Mint Cracknel was a two piece chocolate covered bar with brittle shards of green mint flavoured filling in the centre. By those who remember them best a mint cracknel bar is often compared to be like eating shards of broken glass...