Toasters

Pedro

We've just had another bleedin toaster blow up on us.

We seem to get through about one a year and and it's getting right on my pip!

Can anybody recommend a decent one that will last longer than a year , (or just past the bloomin guarantee :hmm: )

Obliged,

P.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, that's a pretty quick turnaround for a toaster! Mine is a Russel Hobbs stainless steel jobby and it's lasted 3 years so far, still as good as new. Do you have a large family? Maybe it's high levels of use that are killing them off? Other than that, if they're literally blowing up I would suggest that you may have a dirty electric supply (spiking etc) or a dodgy socket. I had two computers conk out in a row after years of reliable use when I moved them from one room to another in the house. Turned out to be dodgy wiring in the mains.

SL

Dualit.

We had one at work in our tearoom. It blew the fuse and our electrician couln't find what was wrong with it. He was going to bin it and I said I would take it home. He then said "well you might as well have the spares then" and gave me a timer switch and about 15 spare elements!

When I got it home I shone a torch down the slots and found one of the elements had split and was touching the bars that hold the bread upright so it was earthing out. I changed the element and it has never missed a beat since then. :hmm:

At work we now get through the crappy £20 toasters every few months. :good:

You need a Tescos £4.99 jobbie. :P

It toasts bread to perfection,but only on one side and its like trying to prise a bone from a Pittbull afterwards. :blush:

Cut of the crusts like i do :D best toaster & kettle i have had for donkeys yrs, kept paying good money out for top kettles & they die on me , i dont bother now just a cheapo one will do, it does the same job

Nooo its not the same toaster toast tases different to under the grill toast, dont know why but it does, on the subject of tasting different i was talking to an old miner last week he said if you took jam peices down the pit & then brought them up again after your shift they taste different :blush:

We got ares out of the skip . It was being chucked out by friends as it did not fit in with their new kitchen :blush:

We have had it about five years now they had it for about 3 years.

We still got their old toaster. But they already change their kitchen yet again. :P

xxxxSuzy

I remember when i first got married 20 odd yrs ago the only new thing we had was a microwave , it only gave up the go about 2 yrs ago, must have been the fact it was used as a breadbin for most of the 20 yrs :D

I cannot believe I have spent five minutes of my life reading about toasters and their various merits or otherwise. Not only that but I am now typing a reply. Mine is an electronic downy uppy one from russell hobbs and it is the noisiest bloody thing ever. Only bought it because of the nice blue light. Oh mrs s dont forget the yorkie recipe

steve

I cannot believe I have spent five minutes of my life reading about toasters and their various merits or otherwise. Not only that but I am now typing a reply. Mine is an electronic downy uppy one from russell hobbs and it is the noisiest bloody thing ever. Only bought it because of the nice blue light. Oh mrs s dont forget the yorkie recipe

steve

Your as sad as me :blush:

Why does my toaster burn one side and not the other?

I have tried to calculate this phenomenom using every known engineering equation known to man but to no avail............

just turn it round half way through i use a knife to firk the toast out instead of popping the toaster up :blush: