Murphy's Law

Ozzy Fudd

ive been working non stop lately and havnt had a chance to go shooting much, so when my boss told me on friday i still had a day and a halfs holidays left to take before the new year i came up with a cunning plan.... :mad:

we normally work 1 saturday in 3 in my office but due to someone being off on maternity leave its now 2 in 3 more often than not. when the boss told me about my holidays i looked at the calendar and realised i was off sat 13th december, so asked my boss if i could take a half day on thursday 11th and friday 12th; thinking that id have a nice long weekend for shooting. we also realised i had a few hours worked up as time in lieu, so i actually only have to go to work on thursday morning for an hour and a half (9am to 10.30am) and ill be off to the following monday!! :good: .

normally i find something else to do, doing up the house, the garden, etc, but decided id have a shooting break. ill go to work on thursday til 10.30 then head to the local gunshop, stock up on 6's for hunting and 7.5s for boxing day (and a few hundred .22lr rounds) and while i was there hit the clay ranges to get used to the mossberg. a mate rang me last week and said that a farmer he works for was looking us to clear a few crows out for him, so that was going to be all day friday, and then saturday another friend was looking me to go hunting with him over his family fields - you can pick anything up down there - rabbits, pigeons, crows, snipe, pheasants and ducks! :mad:

so everything was falling into place for a 3 day shoot fest, til i got home from work yesterday afternoon.... :good:

my chest was feeling a bit tight when i got home from work yesterday but thought nothing off it, probably smoking too much. then yesterday evening i started to get that all over sore feeling (when even clothes touching you hurt) but again thought it was because i was over tired due to working so much over time lately, and just needed an early night. so after a broken nights sleep (apparently i freaked out at 3am this morning and half wrecked the bedroom because i couldnt breathe), today i have a full blown chest infection.... :good:

so im sitting here severly peeved off. i cant walk more than 30 paces without breaking into a sweat and getting light headed, everytime i cough i get that beef jerky taste, and im curled up beside the fire trying to keep warm, wrapped in about 10 layers of clothes and the oil heatings on full blast. this has some good side effects, in that the girlfriend is too warm and so is running around the house in a small vest top and tracksuit bottoms, but even if i could be bothered trying to take advantage of that situation id probly keel over and pass out... :mad::mad::mad:

going to ring the doctor tomorrow to try to get an antibiotic, but going on past chest infections looks like ill be off my feet til xmas, so my long weekend of shooting is probably out the window.... :angry::mad::mad:

bad luck! seriously, take it easy until you can get it shifted mate, these things can wipe you out, and you do want to be better by Christmas don't you?

I would say that you should try and claim the holiday back from your boss if you can. No sense taking time off as holiday if you are ill.

ive been working non stop lately and havnt had a chance to go shooting much, so when my boss told me on friday i still had a day and a halfs holidays left to take before the new year i came up with a cunning plan.... :hmm:

we normally work 1 saturday in 3 in my office but due to someone being off on maternity leave its now 2 in 3 more often than not. when the boss told me about my holidays i looked at the calendar and realised i was off sat 13th december, so asked my boss if i could take a half day on thursday 11th and friday 12th; thinking that id have a nice long weekend for shooting. we also realised i had a few hours worked up as time in lieu, so i actually only have to go to work on thursday morning for an hour and a half (9am to 10.30am) and ill be off to the following monday!! :lol: .

normally i find something else to do, doing up the house, the garden, etc, but decided id have a shooting break. ill go to work on thursday til 10.30 then head to the local gunshop, stock up on 6's for hunting and 7.5s for boxing day (and a few hundred .22lr rounds) and while i was there hit the clay ranges to get used to the mossberg. a mate rang me last week and said that a farmer he works for was looking us to clear a few crows out for him, so that was going to be all day friday, and then saturday another friend was looking me to go hunting with him over his family fields - you can pick anything up down there - rabbits, pigeons, crows, snipe, pheasants and ducks! :yes:

so everything was falling into place for a 3 day shoot fest, til i got home from work yesterday afternoon.... :hmm:

my chest was feeling a bit tight when i got home from work yesterday but thought nothing off it, probably smoking too much. then yesterday evening i started to get that all over sore feeling (when even clothes touching you hurt) but again thought it was because i was over tired due to working so much over time lately, and just needed an early night. so after a broken nights sleep (apparently i freaked out at 3am this morning and half wrecked the bedroom because i couldnt breathe), today i have a full blown chest infection.... :hmm:

so im sitting here severly peeved off. i cant walk more than 30 paces without breaking into a sweat and getting light headed, everytime i cough i get that beef jerky taste, and im curled up beside the fire trying to keep warm, wrapped in about 10 layers of clothes and the oil heatings on full blast. this has some good side effects, in that the girlfriend is too warm and so is running around the house in a small vest top and tracksuit bottoms, but even if i could be bothered trying to take advantage of that situation id probly keel over and pass out... :no::no::no:

going to ring the doctor tomorrow to try to get an antibiotic, but going on past chest infections looks like ill be off my feet til xmas, so my long weekend of shooting is probably out the window.... :oops::oops::oops:

ive been working non stop lately and havnt had a chance to go shooting much, so when my boss told me on friday i still had a day and a halfs holidays left to take before the new year i came up with a cunning plan.... :hmm:

we normally work 1 saturday in 3 in my office but due to someone being off on maternity leave its now 2 in 3 more often than not. when the boss told me about my holidays i looked at the calendar and realised i was off sat 13th december, so asked my boss if i could take a half day on thursday 11th and friday 12th; thinking that id have a nice long weekend for shooting. we also realised i had a few hours worked up as time in lieu, so i actually only have to go to work on thursday morning for an hour and a half (9am to 10.30am) and ill be off to the following monday!! :lol: .

normally i find something else to do, doing up the house, the garden, etc, but decided id have a shooting break. ill go to work on thursday til 10.30 then head to the local gunshop, stock up on 6's for hunting and 7.5s for boxing day (and a few hundred .22lr rounds) and while i was there hit the clay ranges to get used to the mossberg. a mate rang me last week and said that a farmer he works for was looking us to clear a few crows out for him, so that was going to be all day friday, and then saturday another friend was looking me to go hunting with him over his family fields - you can pick anything up down there - rabbits, pigeons, crows, snipe, pheasants and ducks! :yes:

so everything was falling into place for a 3 day shoot fest, til i got home from work yesterday afternoon.... :hmm:

my chest was feeling a bit tight when i got home from work yesterday but thought nothing off it, probably smoking too much. then yesterday evening i started to get that all over sore feeling (when even clothes touching you hurt) but again thought it was because i was over tired due to working so much over time lately, and just needed an early night. so after a broken nights sleep (apparently i freaked out at 3am this morning and half wrecked the bedroom because i couldnt breathe), today i have a full blown chest infection.... :hmm:

so im sitting here severly peeved off. i cant walk more than 30 paces without breaking into a sweat and getting light headed, everytime i cough i get that beef jerky taste, and im curled up beside the fire trying to keep warm, wrapped in about 10 layers of clothes and the oil heatings on full blast. this has some good side effects, in that the girlfriend is too warm and so is running around the house in a small vest top and tracksuit bottoms, but even if i could be bothered trying to take advantage of that situation id probly keel over and pass out... :no::no::no:

going to ring the doctor tomorrow to try to get an antibiotic, but going on past chest infections looks like ill be off my feet til xmas, so my long weekend of shooting is probably out the window.... :oops::oops::oops:

stop smoking :/

Get it sorted mate i kept working with a chest infection and ended up in hostpital with pneumonia for two week.

Still not right after two months :lol:

stag :hmm:

Exactly, my dad was admitted to the City hospital (Belfast) last Monday when a nagging cough

that had lasted two weeks and got worse was diagnosed as pneumonia.

He's on the mend now but there was a worry about his kidneys for a while, he'll only be getting

home mid this week if all goes well.

Nial.