How Much do you spend per person

pavman

This is not intended to out the big spenders or the more modest giving of presents, but I am curious as to what is considered about average if there is such a thing, I assume Kids Presents run at a higher budget to adults?

We stopped spending the big bucks once the kids turned 18, and its about £120 each now they are grown up, and the likes of £50 between mum&dad etc, and quite a bit more on the Mrs, I also give each of my Farmers a nice bottle of Champagne each by way of a thank you,

I looked at some of the kids toys and games in the local stores and thought ye gods that’s gonna hurt if you have 2/3 kids wanting santa to drop that lot off :welcomeani:

Dont really count what I spend on the missus, she gets what she wants or what I want to get her. She wouldn't ask for anything daft expensive, and with a mortgage and car to pay for, I wouldn't buy her anything daft expensive either.

no kids :welcomeani:

brother/ mum/ dad/ grandparents - probably up to £40, but always feel its best to properly think about what to get people rather than chucking money at it.

:D

Me and the Mrs have a £10 max limit on what we can spend - makes us think long and hard about what we get each other.

Last year I got my 2 year-old daughter a v.large cardboard box; which we made into a Wendy House - she plays with it every day!

If the kids ever really want something and i mean really want, then I'll get it for them. Other than that I'm a tight fisted b*stard!!

We've cut back on presents quite a bit, we felt it was getting to meaningless. This year we have bought the girls one main present each followed by just a few fillers and clothes. The wife wanted a Wii so we've bought that for the family to enjoy andf for each other, a small token. We don't worry too much about ourselves as we normally buy what we want, when we want it. As for familly members, we normally go about £25 each.

Fiver on parents and nothing on the brother, as you can see my household are cutting back on spendage, My mum even mention having no tree, when it gets to that point its gone to far. :welcomeani: to make me happy shes going to buy a patetic little twig thats under knee hight, im sorry but whats the point of haveing a tree so small that even the smallest of small pressies wont fit under.

Sorry about that I seem to have deviated abit :D

About £50 on my Mrs and £180 + on Nintendo Wii for my girl. £30 on a nunchuck and controller for me to keep her company. That is pretty typical spending for xmas.Oh and £20 for the 2 farms I shoot on. Nice whisky and wine this year for them,bless em.

ha, thats a silly amount.

£30 on each person is more than enough in my books.

£800, what are you buying them? Cars?

Its clear you haven't got young children then as £30 wouldn't buy a pair of trainers ?

The lads had a dirt jump bike (push bike) and he decided to put all his money into one preasant :rolleyes:

and the wages Rob earns, he can afford to buy for all of us :lol:

Mrs MM and myself would rather not get gifts for each other, as it saves hassle of me walking round Anne Summers looking for something called "The Domminator" :rolleyes:

Jan sales, and i ask for stuff, and she gets me it. :lol:

I guess magman just earns more than a few of us. There's no shame in that, you're outgoings tend to grow with your income.

My spending varies depending on how well off I'm feeling. I gave my car to my ex once (so I had an excuse to buy a landy!), but other times I've spent £20 or so. I used to do it on credit, but the last couple of years I'm more honest wih myself and just buy what I can afford. I'm trying to build up some money for a new landy, so this year it's a box of chocolates for everyone except the mrs :rolleyes:

and the wages Rob earns, he can afford to buy for all of us :lol:

Mrs MM and myself would rather not get gifts for each other, as it saves hassle of me walking round Anne Summers looking for something called "The Domminator" :lol:

Jan sales, and i ask for stuff, and she gets me it. :lol:

I guess magman just earns more than a few of us. There's no shame in that, you're outgoings tend to grow with your income.

My spending varies depending on how well off I'm feeling. I gave my car to my ex once (so I had an excuse to buy a landy!), but other times I've spent £20 or so. I used to do it on credit, but the last couple of years I'm more honest wih myself and just buy what I can afford. I'm trying to build up some money for a new landy, so this year it's a box of chocolates for everyone except the mrs :lol:

:lol::lol: i really dont know about robs earning, that was me doing a "funny" :rolleyes: .......

although he does have gold teeth and drives a Merc :lol:

Joke,

I buy my sisters and their husbands a bottle of wine each and 4 cans for one brother. Then when they unwrap them at my house on xmas day they can drink them with their dinner. Everyone happy. Kids not so much this year byt nephews a book token. Everyone in the family is happy.

Jim