whiskey

tiatia

I do,

I have just dropped off a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of port to the guy who owns the flight ponds that I shoot. It is a small price to pay for some great shooting.

It would be all to easy for him to give the rights to someone else, why not show him that you appreciate the shooting rather than taking it for granted.

some does depend on your shooting, my main one he gives me a days driven shooting in return for rabbit control, it works both ways and as I probably saved him thousands this year in terms of reduced wheat losses I just make do with buying him a pint in the local.

Both farmers got the best I could afford and wine for the Mrs.My main permission I never even have to ask if I can go. A bottle of malt is not much payback for someone trusting me on their land with a gun. That and making the place as mole-free as possible the next few months as the litle beggars are breeding soon.

With so many people looking for shooting permissions near big cities I buy a bottle of single malt for four permissions in Leicestershire. Only one of them indicated he wanted at least something for the permission while the other three express gratude and say I really don't need to. Many of them have game shoots that provide more much income than that lost through rabbit predation. My base permission gets a small hamper. I come ang go as I please on most of them as it's frequently a last minute decision to shoot through the night.

I now have a few permissions in cornwall where there are serious rabbit problems - and fewer gameshoots. For that reason I don't offer them anything except my time effort and fuel, some of them buy me a brick of bullets if I have the reciept made out to them.

i do, this is my first permision and the farmer has done me a huge favoure by letting me shoot there. during the harvest when he is out and about in the fields i have to ask him if i can shoot, but now i can come and go as i please. i took him the most expensive bottle of single malt i could afford and a brace of pheasants today. that was the first time we've ever had a proper conversation because he's allways busy and not much of a talker anyway. to be honest i think he was more pleased with the pheasants than the whisky. i always try and keep him happy because he's probably in the best position to get me more shooting on surrounding farms.

I do,

I have just dropped off a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of port to the guy who owns the flight ponds that I shoot. It is a small price to pay for some great shooting.

It would be all to easy for him to give the rights to someone else, why not show him that you appreciate the shooting rather than taking it for granted.

good point there mate!

I have just received a bottle of whiskey not 5 mins ago , To those who dont give and shoot for free I hope it lasts ,

Given the number of folk who are activly seeking shooting plus offering payment around here , is a bottle too much trouble , I never ask for drink as I am T T , but I do know who will get the first call when we need them ,

I hope all the Tight ar5es , manage to keep their shooting , £ 20 quid may make the difference in the credit hit times , I do a lot of the books for locals , they are all ways looking for a " bit extra " ,

I better than most , understand the attitude We are doing them a favor , if they are offered 4£ per acre as we have to shoot , a bottle looks a good investment to me !!! POW!

Used to don't anymore :lol:

As last year one of them said to me do me a favour don't buy me anymore as i hate the stuff :yes:

Apparently he much prefers gin ??? so gin it was this year :no:

Also asked the other farmers if after buying them whiskey and wine for the last how many years if they would prefer something different , got a shopping list this year :lol: