How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

Lol - I'm glad that Bev doesn't read your harpings on about this DT10 I'm allegedly getting :look:

I'm sticking with my B525 thanks - I'll spend the DT10 fund on carts and clays instead thanks :good:

DT10's are so cheap though. such great value . and craigs looked so good on you too. :good:

I shall harp untill you buy one :good:

Edited by Anni

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete - just been confirmed we finished joint second so we'll be sharing some carts :good:

Ya, got the same call. Someone stuck in a 77 in B, and an 81 was overall HG. That's good shooting. The chap said whoever gets there first gets to choose between 175 carts and a free round. :good: I'm happy with either, probably prefer the free round if given the choice, but I'm easy. :look:

ahhhh but Pete, I had a second go at it......and got 78/84, which I was happy with...250 carts...happy days....Mrs B got a 2nd in the ladies...... :hmm:

78 is good. :good: I'll have to give this re-entry malarky a go...... I know for sure that I'd not have messed up stand 7 so badly..... :oops:

Went down to Coniston this afternoon and shot alright on the sporting layouts there - shooting from the grouse butt stand was great fun :hmm:

Finished up with a 20 on a round of skeet and a 19 on the DTL layout so all in all a good day out :hmm:

Edited by Nicky T

A very sloppy 84 at Gatton bottom, admittedly they seem to have raised their game a bit for a reg shoot, think i clocked throdgrain and his band of auto nuts :/ , at stand two i let you in, didn't realise you had a herd in tow puffing their way up the hill :P

Thanks for the pat on the back Raja, have to say im a bit chuffed to be high gun at copfurn even if it was because no A class cards were handed in.

Its all a bit encouraging innit! :blush:

Shot at three acres yesterday with Raja C, tried shooting gun down for the fist time and was worried that i was going to struggle,but i found that it really helped to get the gun moving on those crossers.I ended up shooting a 66/80 which is my highest score ever!! :blush:

A very sloppy 84 at Gatton bottom, admittedly they seem to have raised their game a bit for a reg shoot, think i clocked throdgrain and his band of auto nuts :lol: , at stand two i let you in, didn't realise you had a herd in tow puffing their way up the hill :lol:

lmao sorry I didnt notice this before :P Yeah I was there with my trademark Mossberg cap :P

I was kept awake by my neighbours till 2am saturday night,couple that with the fact I was shooting with SIX people meant I actually lost interest half way round, it took so long, and ended up shooting 60 out of a hundred, which I think is my worst score at Gatton Bottom ever :P We were half an hour on the first stand, after it broke down for a bit.

I do find it particularly frustrating after shooting really well the previous sunday, and hoping to do 80+ this sunday ... :P (Particularly considering I didnt even bring a pump action!!)

//edit

That was you "having a look?" I just remembered :lol: Oh well, nice to (almost) meet you!

Edited by throdgrain

I was shooting with SIX people meant I actually lost interest half way round, it took so long, and ended up shooting 60 out of a hundred, which I think is my worst score at Gatton Bottom ever :lol: We were half an hour on the first stand, after it broke down for a bit.

Getting there later helps - we got there at 1 and finished at 2 - mind you there was only 2 of us.

41/50 for me last night in the pouring rain.

I have taken up shooting 1/2 choke in both barrels and the kills were good. I am going to stick with it for a while to see how it goes. Several close birds last night and I missed a couple which if I had relied on the blunderbuss effect I would have probably hit but I was happy with the way it went.

1/2 choke and 28gr of 8's on a battue at 15 yards = Smoking :good:

41/50 for me last night in the pouring rain.

I have taken up shooting 1/2 choke in both barrels and the kills were good. I am going to stick with it for a while to see how it goes. Several close birds last night and I missed a couple which if I had relied on the blunderbuss effect I would have probably hit but I was happy with the way it went.

1/2 choke and 28gr of 8's on a battue at 15 yards = Smoking :good:

Yes, I do the 1/2 and 1/2 thing :lol:

Whilst I can't be bothered messing about with chokes all the time, I do occasionally bung a skeet choke in the appropriate barrel, if it's a particularly close bird :hmm:

I had 1/2 and 1/2 in at Worsley as well and those high driven broke really well. It does give a boost in confidence to see a good kill rather than a clay that just breaks in two.

I know you don't score any more for it but it is good to see.

We had some driven over your head at about 10 feet high and there was nothing left of them.

It will be the Oakleys or hidefspex next for him.

What trousers does he wear now? I reckon he has a pair of checked baggy troll trollies :hmm::lol:

When you were up North, I think I forgot to mention that I'm now a Turbo Blue Card-holding Bitchmutha CPSA Competition (as yet Unclassified) Go-Faster Member.

Here it is, the dawn of a new era :

subway001.jpg

No Hidefspex for me - I'm essentially as tight as a crab's harris, and that's watertight :lol:

As for strides, I am having a pair of tight knee-length lycra cycling shorts made in Dayglo green, with "Chard" and my CPSA number embroidered across the harris :lol:

:good:

Edited by Chard