How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been to Worsley for a bit of knockabout practice for the monthly club competition on Saturday, with NickyT and Anni, and Nick's mate.

We didn't bother keeping score, but a lot of sloppy shooting. Think we'll all need to do better than that on Saturday :lol: . I think we should have done scorecards and kept a competitive element to it. I couldn't believe how sloppy I was, shooting with head off stock etc etc :blink: Probably still got 80ish but it was diabolical, as there was nothing particularly difficult there :rolleyes:

Edited by Chard

Just been to Worsley for a bit of knockabout practice for the monthly club competition on Saturday, with NickyT and Anni, and Nick's mate.

We didn't bother keeping score, but a lot of sloppy shooting. Think we'll all need to do better than that on Saturday :lol: . I think we should have done scorecards and kept a competitive element to it. I couldn't believe how sloppy I was, shooting with head off stock etc etc :lol: Probably still got 80ish but it was diabolical, as there was nothing particularly difficult there :lol:

I'm with you on the score cards :rolleyes: Defo need the competitive element to sharpen the concentration.

Although I did better than I did at doveridge over weekend :lol:

Looking forword to the clubcomp :blink:

We didn't bother keeping score, but a lot of sloppy shooting. Think we'll all need to do better than that on Saturday :lol: . I think we should have done scorecards and kept a competitive element to it. I couldn't believe how sloppy I was, shooting with head off stock etc etc :lol: Probably still got 80ish but it was diabolical, as there was nothing particularly difficult there :rolleyes:

Sod the score cards get about a bit more :blink:

Why don't you give Blackpool Gunclub a try on a Wednesday or a Saturday for a change. Only a flat ground but 100 (over 12 stands) really testing targets. You will be suprised how good they are but don't expect your Worsley scores cos you won't get them. Give me a pm if you fancy an afternoon up there and I'll join you if I may. (prefer a Sat. but might be able to do a Wed.)

Mr Potter

The worsley gangbangers have been getting out and about abit more :good: But if you only have an hour or so to go shooting, local is all you can do :lol:

I wouldnt mind having a crack at blackpool :good:

Imho, sometimes you have to master your local ground before you start thinking about taking on the digweeds and faulds of this world.

And I for one hav'nt manage to do that as yet :lol:

Oh yeah and I got a 40/50 at doveridge this afternoon, lovely weather for it :lol:

Why don't you give Blackpool Gunclub a try on a Wednesday or a Saturday for a change. Only a flat ground but 100 (over 12 stands) really testing targets. You will be suprised how good they are but don't expect your Worsley scores cos you won't get them. Give me a pm if you fancy an afternoon up there and I'll join you if I may. (prefer a Sat. but might be able to do a Wed.)

Mr Potter

We'll take you up on that Mr P :lol:

I've been threatening to go to Blackpool ever since my "too much sky" experience at Dartford Marshes (Chernobyl) with the Essex Mafia :good:

Won't be this weekend, but I'll PM you after the weekend when I've looked at next weekend. We've got Catton on 27th, so next Saturday looks a pissabollity :good:

Edited by Chard

Braved the sunshine and went to Worsley today with Anni and Chard and my mate Jonathan.

Shot like a proper twonk today, well below my best mainly due to not concentrating sufficiently and allowing my mind to wander finishing up on a very lack lustre 66 :good:

Anni shot steady as always on his way to a 77 and Chard mustered up an 81 I think.

Yes, 81 for me :yp: All the scores were rubbish today actually :lol:

The course seemed easy, but clearly wasn't, as everybody was looking glum and moaning.

Did a load more shooting with my face 6 inches off the stock today, very strange bad habit to start picking up :lol:

Let's hope the fishing's better tonight :good:

How on earth do you get your face 6" off the stock? have you had a neck extension?

I know most northerner are freaks but that is just silly.

I also had an embarassingly bad day finishing up with 27/50 I have got a blinding hangover and it was a hard shoot but still 27? :good: :yp:

Never mind there is always tomorrow.

How on earth do you get your face 6" off the stock? have you had a neck extension?

I know most northerner are freaks but that is just silly.

I also had an embarassingly bad day finishing up with 27/50 I have got a blinding hangover and it was a hard shoot but still 27? :lol::lol:

Never mind there is always tomorrow.

Well, I don't know if it was 6 inches :lol: but it wasn't near my face, particularly on one stand. This stand fires random birds at you, some are high overhead, but they could come off to either side as crossers or anything in between :good: I normally shoot it well, but I think I've been doing some weird gun down thing, as there doesn't seem much point in shooting gun up when you've got no idea where the birds are going. I don't seem to be raising it to my face properly when the bird does come :yp:

As Nickyt and chard have allready said nothing exciting from us today :lol: although i was shooting yet a diffrent gun and cartridges.

Was using a beretta 682 gold 29.1/4"barrels with hull pro ones, and very nice combo it was too.

Also found out I'm in AA class at worsley with a 9 handicap :lol: so if I had bothered to enter the comp today i could have probs won it :lol:

There were'nt many high scores going in, so with my handicap I actually beat chard today :P:lol::lol::good: :yp: :yay::lol:

Although chard was'nt in the mood for it I shall take it with a pinch of salt :lol:

Dont know what was up with Nickyt :o just one of them days i suppose

Need a change of scene I rekon...wheres the next comp :lol:

JJ's today was a lot harder than last week, and thus we all sucked, some more than others. :D

Me........... 59/84

Digweed....59/84

Bagsy.......61/84

Broke.......66/84

Mrs Broken ??/84

High gun was only 69/84 the las I heard. I was on for an alrightish lap until the last stand where I dropped 9. :yes: