How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I shot a very average 79 and dropped plenty of silly birds, but it turns out the winner on 80 shoots for England....

The irony was dropping the last bird on the second stand for 11/12 and turning to John and saying "these things are always decided by one bird and I bet I'll need that particular bird at the end". Irony, yes it's like lead and tinny.

It was a shame Pete's brother couldn't make it today, but nonetheless, we had a great day out and there were plenty of laughs.

I only wish there were more shoots and days out like today. I lament the state of ESP shooting in the South East. The CPSA registered stuff is a waste of time, miles and money and there aren't any in Essex anyway. Indeed, the best shoot in the South East appears to be the Essex Masters which is not CPSA lead.

I still think the chaps that shot today should have a day out down at Orions on a Sunday and then have a brain storm generally.....

Top day out even though the result was rigged :angry:

Best result of the day though - £5432.00 raised for the British Legion, fantastic result :rolleyes:

Mungler only lost third place in a sudden death shoot off, not easy in front of about 60 spectators.

Thanks to all who attended - I'll post a few pics later :)

Edited by Bagsy

It was a shame Pete's brother couldn't make it today, but nonetheless, we had a great day out and there were plenty of laughs.

A nice day for sure.

Cant wait for PDLM's "I am comfortable with my sexuality and I am coming out" post that he promised us :angry:

I beat Sue Bear and that's all that matters :) It is getting just as competitive at the bottom of the field as at the top nowadays :rolleyes::angry:

Cant wait for PDLM's "I am comfortable with my sexuality and I am coming out" post that he promised us :angry:

:angry: I think you got the wrong end of the context stick on that one Matt :rolleyes::angry: It was a retort to the "I wouldn't have posted the 'Event Anxiety' comment on the forum" quip by MC. So I was just mentioning that I'm comfortable with my self esteem and able to provide light entertainment to you all withouth feeling embarrassed or giving a **** what others think.....unlike some !! :):angry:

It is getting just as competitive at the bottom of the field as at the top nowadays :rolleyes::)

If i had know and had the cash i could have joined you and given you a run for your money. :angry: I'm interested in a JJ's shoot at some point with my s/s. See how a fair in the (w)rankings.

If it's open to non Essex, I'd be up for that <_<

Of course. I'm non-Essex myself, of course.... merely an honourary one, sometimes.

The day is £70 and shoot as many birds as you like. Some nutter used 1150 carts at the last one. There's a free buffet at lunch where they move all the traps around. Apparently only 20 or so guns on the day, plus the targets are spectacular apparently.

Half day is £40.

Ans why is the shoot out of 96 and not 100? (and I appreciate it is divisible by 8)

8 stands of 6 pairs. There's only room for 8 stands. 96 is only once a month usually, 7 stands and 84 birds is the norm.

Yes, 6 pairs does suck.

2nd geezer from the left is my mate John, and not part of the Mafia, though he does hail from Essex. Dunno who the rest are.

Edited by Peter De La Mare