How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wet and soggy boys will be back from Kingsley Moor and Catton soon........

Drip, drip, drip.........

:P:P :( :o :P:good::good: B) :P:good:

Just got in from Catton, I wish it had been raining as that would have been at least one excuse for a miserable performance but as it was the weather stayed dry, at least until I was driving out of the ground at 2 o'clock.

I thought the targets were quite tough today all variations on the usual theme at Catton but sufficiently different to make it more difficult than usual. Still I was disappointed to drop 24 birds for a below average 76, to be honest the attendance was well down on normal (bad weather forecast?) but I'll be curious to see if the scores were down for the majority of shooters.

I did have a long list of plausible excuses and even some compelling reasons to explain this embarrassingly low score but after some deliberation it might be because I'm just incompetent!!!

Mr Potter

PS Not sure but as I was driving away I thought I saw Anni shooting the last stand by the gate.

We've just got back from our little escapade and it was shooting in truley terrible conditions today :good:

Nothing really to write home about as scores on the doors were:

Kingsley Moor:

Anni 69

Nicky T 67

Catton Hall:

Anni 69

Nicky T 69

Ian E 52 (I think)

Mad Scientist 47

I did a 29/30 at the shoot in Offton, It is a shame the nimby's have got to it and they have been closed down. Their last shoot is in a fortnights time and I will definetly be supporting them.

They were a great bunch of guys who were really friendly right from the off.

It was good to meet Alanl50, tractorboy, Admiral VP and a few others who I forget your names Sorry :good:

Definitely not as bad as they could have been both neither of is happy with either of 'em.

In hindsight would definitely have been better to concentrate on just one shoot instead of trying to cram in two :angry:

Hi Nicky,

I never saw you yesterday at Kingsley :rolleyes: You must be keen to shoot twice in that weather. Although you would not credit it the sun came out on our last stand and I never hit one of the left to right crossers by the fort to finish on 83. If you want to do 2 next week then Doveridge is on this sunday followed by a short trip up the A50 to Kegworth, or you can shoot Kegworth on sat like we are doing then you do not have to rush around Doveridge.

Rgds Keith

Hi Nicky,

I never saw you yesterday at Kingsley :rolleyes: You must be keen to shoot twice in that weather. Although you would not credit it the sun came out on our last stand and I never hit one of the left to right crossers by the fort to finish on 83. If you want to do 2 next week then Doveridge is on this sunday followed by a short trip up the A50 to Kegworth, or you can shoot Kegworth on sat like we are doing then you do not have to rush around Doveridge.

Rgds Keith

Hi Keith,

I was have been the one shivering ridiculously :lol: Keen - yes; sensible decision - no :D

83 is an excellent effort in yesterdays conditions - well done :angry:

Laying off the 2 shoots in a day for a while; time to go for quality over quantity so it'll be Kegworth on Sunday for me :rolleyes:

Nick

Hi Keith,

I was have been the one shivering ridiculously :rolleyes: Keen - yes; sensible decision - no :lol:

83 is an excellent effort in yesterdays conditions - well done :angry:

Laying off the 2 shoots in a day for a while; time to go for quality over quantity so it'll be Kegworth on Sunday for me :rolleyes:

Nick

Nick,

If you want quality then Doveridge is best, although I know Arnie Palmer is setting up the 2 day shoot at Kegworth and promatic have supplied the traps so it may be intresting.

We will do it sat as a change from practice at Doveridge. I will PM u to let you know what to expect.

Rgds Keith

Went to court farm (Horne) this morning - that had to be one the most unejoyable experiences i ever had :rolleyes:

The setup was tough anyway but the wind made virtually every target do something different each time. :rolleyes::lol:

47/100 - worst score ever :angry:

Well at least i picked uo 5 boxes of carts for a first in members C class last month

Just noticed that highest in c class was 54 and second 50 - shows how bad it was - makes me feel a little bit better