How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Managed a 72 and 77 at caterham,

Mungler did 77 and messed around

Pdlm got 79 and 76

Beaten by His brother first round and then beat the real pdlm in the second round!!! :hmm:

and john got 72 and then a cracking 83....nice day guys....shame about the m25!!! :o

You *** ! :lol: If I'd known the 2nd round was serious I'd not have messed around taking trying to shoot birds immensely early after suffering that spasm on the 3rd to last stand. :lol:

I was quite happy with the 79 on that layout. For a registered shoot it was acceptable. Though it's a worrying start into the A classification standings for 2011. :lol:

Even happier when I realised that I beat Mung, a very rare happenstance.... last time being when the AAA shooter was using his old side by side! :good:

Pete, in real terms you got to be shooting very high B class or low A class?

Dunno, but A class for 2009 starts at 74.4%. Last few shoots (Grimsthorpe and BO excepted) have been between 72% and 82%.

Blimey, and I got a ribbing when as a non member of the CPSA I entered the Essex Masters as unclassified :blink:

It's almost worth joining the CPSA again to shoot 3 registered comps left handed or with a pump and to get slung into C class just in time for a registered competition with some decent prizes :good:

Pete, in real terms you got to be shooting very high B class or low A class?

Bah I'm left handed and shoot a pump, you nicked my plan :P

Of course problem is, I don't win any prizes :lol:

My practice shooting yesterday here in sunny Cyprus has come on very well, I started on stand 1, high and low house no problem went to 2, again ok then the high house broke down, I was disappointed as I was doing well. Never mind 3 low, broke them all, low 4 same, I have been having real problems sighting the clays, now it just seems to have clicked. will have to wait till Saturday's competition to find out if it works.

regards john

Shot like a tossuer today, 75% at Northall. :good:

Doesn't sound too bad, but given the targets, should have been 85%. We were there early and were up first on each stand, and believe me it made a difference not seeing others shoot first. Plus, I had been brow beaten into trying 9s and couldn't hit anything with them plus had lots of freezes and spasms.....so I'm sticking to 7.5s only for ever and ever now. :good:

Shot like a tossuer today, 75% at Northall. :good:

Plus, I had been brow beaten into trying 9s and couldn't hit anything with them plus had lots of freezes and spasms.....so I'm sticking to 7.5s only for ever and ever now. :good:

Nothing wrong with 9's Pete, you've just got to use them on the correct clays and put them in the right place :lol:

Nothing wrong with 9's Pete, you've just got to use them on the correct clays and put them in the right place :good:

Absolutely right Nicky, I use a lot of 9's for Sporting, but right now I'm using Hull Sovereign 8's on 95% of birds, plus the odd 6.5 for a real long distance Teal or incomer when you need the extra striking energy to guarantee a break.

Pete, it seems to me like you're talking yourself out of a decent score before you get on the first stand, your book of excuses is getting as big as MC's, well, maybe not :lol: , but you've got to be positive about things, visualize your good scores on the way to the shoot, don't look for excuses, all you need is more and more practice at proper targets, plus the odd lesson with somebody the calibre of Carl Bloxham.

Have you had your gun properly fitted, is it shooting exactly where you think it is, are you keeping you head hard down on the stock, this is vitally important, most Sporters should shoot dead flat, get it checked..??

Also you mustn't compare scores at virgin "proper" grounds like Northall with the scores you're shooting at the straw bale jobbies, anyone can shoot 80 or 90% there, the targets are in a different league, it's that simple. :good:

Cat.

Thanks Cat. :lol: Gun's perfect, technique is pretty good, just determining necessary lead ( which is improving actually) the experimenting with different shells wasn't a good idea. I tried to ignore that fact but couldn't shake it from my thought processes. As said earlier, once I'd ditched the stupid experiement I was hitting everything, 19/20.

I've already been to Bloxham and Husthwaite. :good:

I have the feeling that it's all going to click into place shortly....... no, really....... :good:

Went to court farm (Horne) this morning - that had to be one the most unejoyable experiences i ever had :good:

The setup was tough anyway but the wind made virtually every target do something different each time. :P:good:

47/100 - worst score ever :good:

Well at least i picked uo 5 boxes of carts for a first in members C class last month

Edited by Bigweed

Thought I was going to be on top ot the world at JJ's after shooting the first half straight.

Got biatchslapped on a stand to put me back in my place then sulked around the last stands. 66/84 :good:

Wished I'd not sulked after the bad stand as I was still on for first in class and not that far off overall HG. :good:

Thought I was going to be on top ot the world at JJ's after shooting the first half straight.

Got biatchslapped on a stand to put me back in my place then sulked around the last stands. 66/84 :good:

Wished I'd not sulked after the bad stand as I was still on for first in class and not that far off overall HG. :good:

If I hadn't dropped 31 at Grimsthorpe, I would have straightened it :P:good: :( :P