How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

We (the sensible people) did Copfurn first for a 10 a.m start.

I picked up my massive haul of 50 carts (2 boxes of Eleys no less) for high gun a fortnight ago with 71 and then stuck in a poo low 60's score this week.

We got to JJs for about 1.30 p.m. and did some queuing - fortunately it cleared down as we went round, but yes, that was the busiest I have *ever* seen it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought i had more than 70 myself :hmm: still enjoyed shooting the remmi again ???

Young Anni is starting to look promising :( apologies for magboy on that last stand

Chard's still a grumpy old man :hmm:

Yellow bear fell asleep with the button :P

Timps :hmm: shot alot better towards the end :(

Nicky t :lol:

sorry mate never got out to get you a few pigeon breasts :hmm: so brought you 3 woodcock instead . Chard and Anni got them as you was not around at the end :P

Unlucky on the comp mate ;)

All in all a good day ???

Nah - not asleep - No good if you press the button and nowt happens- seemed to be a lot of that yesterday ( even when I was in the cage) :P:P

We (the sensible people) did Copfurn first for a 10 a.m start.

I picked up my massive haul of 50 carts (2 boxes of Eleys no less) for high gun a fortnight ago with 71 and then stuck in a poo low 60's score this week.

We got to JJs for about 1.30 p.m. and did some queuing - fortunately it cleared down as we went round, but yes, that was the busiest I have *ever* seen it.

Given the fact that C class was won with a 61 a fortnight ago, I reckon it was pretty straightforward compared to yesterday.

My score was 7 lower than last time.

Can't be doing with JJ's on a Sunday :lol:

69/100 at Caterham this morning. My 2 bogey standands 1 and 10 (last two we did) costing me 15 birds. aaggggg :birthday::drinks: . A 4 on another stand leaving with 21 lost on 3 stands :good::)

45 ex 50 for the first 5 stands and 24 ex 50 for the second 5 - says it all

Edited by Bigweed

Shot JJs with Russdmc and Del Digweed this morning. No queues, no hassle, no errrr massive scores going in either!

Tricky little set up with some easy looking birds which were deceptively difficult. The rabbit on stand 6 was only hit twice as we watched, and not once by the three of us :good: It was quartering away at a fast pace and we reckon it was being hit but not broken given the sharp angle making it almost edge on.

Highest score on that stand alone was 6 ex 12 with a nice high left to right bird on report catching many out. Plently of ruined cards, even among the A and AA class......

Some clever trap use today making it an interesting shoot :birthday:

Final scores were.....

Bagsy 61 (ex 84)

Russdmc 56

Del Digweed 56

Funny how easy ones can catch people out.........sim teal popping up low - could have been tied together they were so close. One shot killed both in most cases. Four or five pairs like this and then wallop, a six foot gap appears between the next pair.......funny how many suddenly dropped an easy bird as they suddenly needed both barrels and the mind isn't ready for it!

Good shoot :)

Edited by Bagsy

Went to Three Acres today. Went with Mungler and met up with Markio, MC, Baldrick and the Cambridge PW lads Jim, Dazzer and Oz who called themselves the "Hatsan Owners Club".

Only one of the Hatsan Owners club (Jim) was actually brave enough to shoot with his ! :good: (He called it his "Turkish Delight"!)

Markio fell for the old "there's something on the back of your boot" gag, much to our delight and amazement ! :) (HELLO SAILOR!)

A nice morning, good banter and Mung and Balders shot well.

Edited by ME

Went to Three Acres today. Went with Mungler and met up with Markio, MC, Baldrick and the Cambridge PW lads Jim, Dazzer and Oz who called themselves the "Hatsan Owners Club".

Only one of the Hatsan Owners club (Jim) was actually brave enough to shoot with his ! :good: (He called it his "Turkish Delight"!)

Markio fell for the old "there's some on the back of your boot" gag, much to our delight and amazement ! :lol: (HELLO SAILOR!)

A nice morning, good banter and Mung and Balders shot well.

Great morning's shooting that, cheers all, i needed the laugh. Can't remember all the scores:

Mung 72 ish x 80

Balders 64 ish

MC 60

Markio 59

ME 58

Cambridge lot, errr about 49 between them. ;)

Another highlight was seeing ME's shogun disappear into a cloud of disco generated dust on the track out. That kept us going all the way to Colchester. :lol:

Also saw Raja and Longshanks there too. Yet again me and Longshanks drew level on scores.

Good darts this morning.

Nice to see MC, Markio and Balders again, and nice to meet Jim, Daz and Oz for the first time.

Good to see that they were not suffering from any obvious ill effects resulting from Cambridgeshire's close proximity to Suffolk :good:

I shot ok and dropped a few silly ones, but made up for it with 2 massive burgers and got home for Sunday lunch followed by a sleep.

That was indeed an enjoyable morning, and I'm glad that Jim and his fellow Fenlanders made the trek over the border. I was not remotely susprised to see the stark improvement in Jim's marksmanship, when loaned Mungler's Blaser F3, thus proving that Hatsan products really are a hindrance to one's ability.

Mung, how are our respective scores approximations? Surely we did/did not get 72 and 64 respectively?

Talking of collisions...

Had my 682 Gold E in the rack at stand 8 at Copfurn today when a chap shooting with another crew managed to drop his gun off his sholulder and into the rack removing a finger nail sized bit of wood off the bottom of the grip and three digs along the back edge of the stock of mine :rolleyes:

Had a good day out with the lads at JJs today. Markio felt the full force of Baz's backdraft putting him off sufficiently enough to finish one bird behind him.

Scores on the doors:

Bagsy 75 ex 84

Bazza 65

Markio 64

Dave 29

Mr & Mrs Broken Man arrived later to finish well, just waiting for the final results from a strong field :good:

At one point Baz reckoned Dave was made of lead and stopping the remote signal being sent to the trap :rolleyes: Nevel a dull moment :good: :good: :good:

Talking of collisions...

Had my 682 Gold E in the rack at stand 8 at Copfurn today when a chap shooting with another crew managed to drop his gun off his sholulder and into the rack removing a finger nail sized bit of wood off the bottom of the grip and three digs along the back edge of the stock of mine :rolleyes:

Damn, that is bad news. Has he offered to cough for repairs?

Didn't actually see it myself. Think he was fiddling with his shooting glasses.

Not best pleased myself, when I spoke to him the second time (after he strolled off initially thinking that a simple "sorry" was enough) I had nearly regained my composure.

He rubbed a few of us up the wrong way with his original "so what?" attitude, however he will be given the opportunity to put things right, probably shouldn't say at lot more about it for now...

Bagsy, I didn't think CPSA or BASC insurance covered that kind of thing but may be worth checking, ta.