Welsh Squirrels

steve_b_wales

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleeh, I must say that you really are the brightest marble in the pack. You spotted blood on the squirrels nose. Well done :good: And there's me thinking that I could fool everyone on PW to think that the squirrel actually came down from the tree and looked through my scope :lol:

I did try a live squirrel, but it kept on moving when I tried to take a picture :lol:

And as for your comment about placing a loaded gun on the ground? For your information (because everyone else on PW guessed correctly) the gun was EMPTY. The magazine was removed as well (Just in case the squirrel had a box of ammo on him)

Not that it's any of your concern, but I have held a firearm certificate for 25 years and a shotgun certificate for 37 years. I have supervised at least 4 people to allow them to obtain a centrefire rifle, and have represented Wales twice in Clay Pigeon shooting.

SAFETY is paramount while I am handling firearms, either on my own or when in company.

Still, as the saying goes, "There's always One"

Have a safe day.

Bleeh, I must say that you really are the brightest marble in the pack. You spotted blood on the squirrels nose. Well done :) And there's me thinking that I could fool everyone on PW to think that the squirrel actually came down from the tree and looked through my scope :good:

I did try a live squirrel, but it kept on moving when I tried to take a picture :lol:

And as for your comment about placing a loaded gun on the ground? For your information (because everyone else on PW guessed correctly) the gun was EMPTY. The magazine was removed as well (Just in case the squirrel had a box of ammo on him)

Not that it's any of your concern, but I have held a firearm certificate for 25 years and a shotgun certificate for 37 years. I have supervised at least 4 people to allow them to obtain a centrefire rifle, and have represented Wales twice in Clay Pigeon shooting.

SAFETY is paramount while I am handling firearms, either on my own or when in company.

Still, as the saying goes, "There's always One"

Have a safe day.

There is a very good saying that "familarity breeds contempt."

I cannot believe that anyone can have the experience that you have and puts a gun down with a closed bolt. Unloaded, uncocked or otherwise.

Technically a rifle with a closed bolt is classed as loaded and if you turned up on a range firing point with a rifle with a closed bolt you would very soon be asked to leave by the RCO.

If safety is always paramount when you are handling firearms why is that bolt not open?

To try a belittle someone for pointing out an error is not big or clever

MC. I did not try and belittle anyone. I just found it absurd that someone would comment about the squirrel being dead and about my rifle. I was not on a rifle range, but have had many years experience on them. Yes, taking a rifle with bolt closed is seen as a loaded gun. I was on a farm. You have not seen what was in front of the barrel.

I cannot believe that there is so much fuss about my thread. Some people cannot understand a joke.

Anyone else want to have a dig at my thread?

MEMO. Remove bolt from rifle before attaching squirrel. In fact, don't bother trying to make people smile.