ladies and gentle men....i give you your story...

myzeneye

child killed by lab.

http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/633/la...or-kills-child/

and wait for it.... woman has "face transplant" after being mauled by labrador............

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10336339/

and there you go. not just staffs...

please, dont just look at the links and presume i have an axe to grind, readx the shock stories.... im sorry to go on, but i find it hard to accept the breed of my dog being demonised...

Edited by myzeneye

I swear the last 11 page thread on this just got closed...!

it did mate, with no apparent reason or explanation....:good: 11 pages suggest people want to talk about it... if they were fed up or uninterested by it, they need'nt have continued to read it... same with this one....

Edited by myzeneye

child killed by lab.

http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/633/la...or-kills-child/

and wait for it.... woman has "face transplant" after being mauled by labrador............

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10336339/

and there you go. not just staffs...

please, dont just look at the links and presume i have an axe to grind, readx the shock stories.... im sorry to go on, but i find it hard to accept the breed of my dog being demonised...

That second story was that French woman who tried to top herself but didn't do it properly - after a couple of days lying on the floor and not moving, the dog had been pawing at her to try and revive her and that's how she lost her face.

As for the first story, I see you had to go all the way to Oklahoma for that one. Interesting that there was a pack of dogs there.

Ok here we go again with my doggie is a nice doggy that I CAN control, truth is over a large breed dog you have about as much control as a drunk has over his bladder!

here is a typical my nice little dogs story,but just sodding read it, look at the dogs name, look at who they payed with, and then look at the total denial of the event, typical of this type of dogs owner, (now where have we seen that recently?) note also how does a guy of 25 (on incapacity benefit) so probably not be in the best of health (wink wink nudge nudge) manage to be

A) strong enough to control two rotties should they "play up"

:good: afford to feed the 4 legged **** machines?

cheers KW

THE owners of two Rottweilers which savaged a flock of sheep have spoken of their devastation and grief.

Csiko Kovacs, 25, and girlfriend Christine Bower, 26, say they were shocked to discover the dogs had killed 15 sheep at Peniel, near Denbigh.

They said their dogs were "babies" who happily played with the family pets and Christine’s daughter Jasmine, nine.

Both had been brought up with children and one, a rosette-winning exhibition dog, had even won a Good Citizen award from the Kennel Club for its excellent behaviour in public.

Csiko contacted the Daily Post to deny rumours circulating in the local community that the couple had been mistreating the dogs.

Both Rottweilers had been used to sleeping on Christine’s bed, and Csiko said he had borrowed £300 from his mum to give the dogs a proper crematorium service in Holywell.

The dogs were shot after going on the rampage, killing 15t of a flock of 150 sheep.

The dogs’ ashes are being kept at Christine’s home at Peniel, and the couple have keyrings containing locks of hair from Rambo and sister Skye.

Csiko, on incapacity benefit, said he still struggled to believe the two-year- old dogs had attacked a flock of hardy Welsh ewe lambs.

"I asked the police if they could do a post-mortem on the dogs to show if they had eaten any of the sheep," he said.

"I still don’t believe it’s possible. They were big soft dogs who wouldn’t hurt a fly. But the police just laughed at me."

Even my Working Cocker is a domesticated wolf says it all for me, thats why I must stay as top dog but most owners don't accept there is a risk that the wild amimal inside every dog may come out, for me thats when the problems start.

As most people don't have a; wolf - english, english - wolf dictionary mistakes can be made in the signals we put out.

My wifes daughter brought her baby in the house, dog fasinated by the man cub -let him have a sniff, then he was ok with the intruder but I would never leave him alone for 1 min, and he is a good dog.

Edited by pigeon popper

how does a guy of 25 (on incapacity benefit) so probably not be in the best of health (wink wink nudge nudge) manage to be

A) strong enough to control two rotties should they "play up"

:good: afford to feed the 4 legged **** machines

Are we now saying that people on incapacity benefit shouldnt have dogs?

I have a dog and am on incapacity benefit and dont bother (wink wink nudging me)

Do i now have to get rid of my dog?

Shaun

I have a dog and am on incapacity benefit and dont bother (wink wink nudging me)

Shaun

Not unless it's a husky used for towing purposes or you're fattening it up to eat it when things get tough.

Shaun

I never said he shoudnt I asked the question how? as if he cant work due to incapacity how can he physically control two rotties if they "start" even worse should he be incapacitated through mental health! fair question aint it?

and how can he afford to feed the dogs when recieving the "pittance from the state? another fair question? or perhaps thats how they got to the point they were eating sheep?

cheers KW

Kudubya your one flaw in that statement was receiving a pittance from the state. Now these upstanding citizens will be given a council house at £80 a week but if they don't work this will get paid for them, their council tax will also get paid then they will get spending money for their beer and fags on top. Don't know about you but take my housing costs out of things and I could afford to feed two rotties.

I never said he shoudnt I asked the question how? as if he cant work due to incapacity how can he physically control two rotties if they "start" even worse should he be incapacitated through mental health! fair question aint it?

and how can he afford to feed the dogs when recieving the "pittance from the state? another fair question? or perhaps thats how they got to the point they were eating sheep?

cheers KW

can you just give me a minute whilst i explain to my dog that i cant feed her anymore..... :hmm:

oh and al4x i dont smoke and dont have a council house either and paid all my council tax as well..... :yp:

now dont get wrong im not saying i agree with the topic that started all this.....its the "lets tar everyone on incapacity benefits with the same brush" i object too :drinks:

shaun

Edited by shaun4860

That second story was that French woman who tried to top herself but didn't do it properly - after a couple of days lying on the floor and not moving, the dog had been pawing at her to try and revive her and that's how she lost her face.

As for the first story, I see you had to go all the way to Oklahoma for that one. Interesting that there was a pack of dogs there.

no, you see thats the power of the internet.... incidentally, they were the first two stories that were listed...

i typed a search in yahoo " labbrador attack"...plenty of stories there.... what is interesting is how none of these were brought to light by any of the anti staff crew in the last thread when comparing dog attack and breed statistics...:hmm:

i suppose if you substitute "lab" for any other breed youll get some horror stories....

Interesting that there was a pack of dogs there

what, like the jack russel and the staff in the last horror story....?

i agree, all dogs have the potential to be dangerous... but understand, its NOT JUST STAFFS, they ar'nt instinctivley programmed to go nuts... when they have it has been for the same reasons as any other dog does...

the whole reason i push the issue is this.... 1. i own a loving gentle staffy and know many other people who do....

2. i am aware that the labrador breed is a highly under estimated breed when it comes to attacks and damage caused....

so maybe the row is aganinst all the high and mighty's who say "your dog is a killer and should be banned, what you want is a labrador...." etc etc ...

agreed they're all capable, just as they are all capable of being loyal gentle pets who never ever cause any harm...

shall we call it a day on this one now ?

Edited by myzeneye