What's your phobia?

Cosd

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spooky woods (that is my name for it) - local to me, hardly anyone goes in there and now I won't after dark

I can't say why it just spooks me really bad.

Strange when I happily sit in many wild places at dusk/night with stuff (often unseen) moving around me & will lamp alone no problem in loads of other places with no scardycat symptoms!

How can Das Boot be one of your fave films :oops: .

Do you watch it in a cold sweat or something.... :yes:

It's a good point!

I suppose I do really, I guess I must have a bit of a masochistic streak in that sense. Perhaps that is one of the reasons I like it so much, because the horror of it strikes a chord with me.

Having said that I have been aboard a sub and it wasnt too bad. I work in a windowless environment, so enclosed spaces dont set me off too much. I have more of a problem with being restricted (ie unable to move freely), like in crowds or packed in on an airliner or train. I always go for an aisle seat for thais very reason.

ZB

Wow guys, so I ain't alone being a 'big girls blouse'!

You would have read my phobia is mice. Though I joke about it I really am scared senseless.

I can look at them in a cage, or from distance, but they make my skin crawl as I said. But in a situation were I am near one that's free to run, I really do panic.

Years ago my wife against my better wishes bought a gerbil, to me it was a mouse! Anyway over time I would go and sit in the garage as she definitely wasn't allowed to keep it inside. Anyway over a few weeks I got more and more confident and agreed to let my wife put it in my hand. I survived this, and though I was very on edge I wanted to do it to get over my fear.

After a couple of 'holdy micey' therapy I got more and more comfortable. One day during another session I dropped the bloody thing, it scarperd, I screamed like a good'n and ran out the garage like a lunatic and that put an end to the therapy.

Stuff that I'm happy being scared!