Section 5 guns

Lloyd90

Was scouting gun trader earlier and spotted some pretty nifty pistols. I knew you can get pistols for humane dispatch but figured it would be a revolver with like 4 of the 6 shots welded over, but spotted a bunch of semi auto's on there aswell and alot of unrestricted ones that could be converted!

Do some people get fully unrestricted ones then ? What are the actual terms of the section 5 FAC ?

Im not sure but think some members here might have this :good: What's the deal then guys ? :good:

There are some very, very rare expections where you can get a range of pistols on a section 5 firearms.

They are extreamly hard to get (anything more than a 2 shot humane disbatcher - which is still hard to get) and will require you to beg to the police for about 2 years.

The only person I know who has anything like that, is a chap who owns a Buininess for pest control, who is sometimes contracted by the police to deal with odd situations (deer stuck in sewer pipe, Bull rampaging through sainsburys car park) - and after 3 years of pleeding was allowed a .357 6 shot revolver pistol, to dispatch animals in areas where you can't fit a rifle (i.e the sewer pipe).

Lucky ****** :good: I heard it's hard enough to get one that's restricted to 2 shots :good:

How do they restrict a semi auto then ? Like a Glock 17 ?

There are one or two Goverment contracted buinesses that (I think) they will allow you to hold them. I'm not sure what they are, (dealing with sensitive materials/people - nuclear material, something like that, use your imaganation)

Will people like slaughtermen and proffesional stalkers or vets get them?

No, they will get ''Humane Dispatchers'' These are either a bolt pistol, double barreled pistol, or a revolver restricted to 2 shots. They are normaly .410, or .30/357 around that size.

Edited by Bleeh

As far as i know you can have a revolver as long as the barrel is 12" or over and the whole thing is a minimum of 24" in length.

I recently chatted to a guy who had a .357 (6 shot) Ruger, and a .22 (7 shot) S&W. Both had 12" barrels and both had lengths of steel welded to the bottom of the butt to make them 24" in length.

Nice guns!!

As far as i know you can have a revolver as long as the barrel is 12" or over and the whole thing is a minimum of 24" in length.

I recently chatted to a guy who had a .357 (6 shot) Ruger, and a .22 (7 shot) S&W. Both had 12" barrels and both had lengths of steel welded to the bottom of the butt to make them 24" in length.

Nice guns!!

That's not section 5 is.

a Section 5 firearm is a otherwise prohibited one - i.e firearms with barrels less that 12''.

Anything bigger than 24'' is considered a section 1 - It might of started of life as a pistol, but as far as the Rozzers are conserend, it's a firearm.

Yeah, but get this; the law (or some written condition on the ticket) says that only he can fire his own gun. It's illegal for him to accompany you and allow you to fire the revolver. Complete joke.

These are not section 5 firearms though.

Edited by harfordwmj

Nice guns!!

Ai but there just not as nice as a nice pistol with a 4 or 6" barrel lol! May aswell have a rifle when your shooting one of those :innocent:

Section 5 pistols i believe can have a restriction put on them that they are stored and used only at certain MOD ranges, However i do know of a chap that has numerous section 5 firearms in his armoury at home, the only thing i cannot say is how he is allowed them, all i know is that he has them he is allowed them and the police are fine with him owning them. Have a feeling why h is allowed them but thought it rude to ask to confirm it.

I would imagine that a semi-auto pistol would be granted under Section 5, under the express conditions that you are prohibited from loading it with more than X rounds of ammunition.

Yer but there would be nothing stopping you from doing so ;) Like with a section 5 revolver aren't like 4 of the chambers capped or something ?

Maybe the magazine is welded so it only accepts 2 rounds or something ;)

I was just wondering because like someone from america could sent/bring a magazine over and swap them and would anyone be any the wiser ? ;)

Not planning to do this just thinking there must be something in place to stop it lol :innocent:

I would imagine that a semi-auto pistol would be granted under Section 5, under the express conditions that you are prohibited from loading it with more than X rounds of ammunition.

Under that logic, I should be able to bring over my 5-shot semi-auto's and promise to only put two in the magazine. I understand your logic, I just don't think the police would go for it. More likely you'd have to weld a magazine in place that doesn't hold any rounds.

Thanks,

Rick

I have also seen these adverts in GT and almost fused my computer with a mixture of drool and tears . . . ;);) ! Apart from the ultra-tiny minority of Section 5 holders, don't forget that website also caters for people in Jersey/Guernsey, the Isle of Man and N.I., where those British citizens are deemed more trustworthy than you and i and can still own handguns on a Section 1 :innocent:

Mark

• 3 years later...

Its is posible to get a pistol for humane dispatch on a section 5 its alot of messing about but can be done however when I tried for a semi auto it was flatly refused I was granted a .38 S&W with a 2 shot restriction. Strangle enough a stalking mate was granted a semi but in a.other region

Edited by Gerry31

Talk about digging up an old thread.

Weren't pistols legal in 2009?! :sly:

Sorry didn't realise it was an old thread and sadly no pistols as you know went years before due to a weak tabby pamby government trying to gain cheep votes and ruining law abiding folks sport. When I handed mine into the gestarpo sorry police I could have cried years of saving up and hours of overtime just to pay for them gone.

Its is posible to get a pistol for humane dispatch on a section 5 its alot of messing about but can be done however when I tried for a semi auto it was flatly refused I was granted a .38 S&W with a 2 shot restriction. Strangle enough a stalking mate was granted a semi but in a.other region

Hi Gerry

Why is it a lot of messing about it is only like applying for any other firearm if you can show good reason to have a section 5 you can have one plenty of people have them(semi autos) for humane despatch

Geordie

Edited by geordieh

Sorry didn't realise it was an old thread and sadly no pistols as you know went years before due to a weak tabby pamby government trying to gain cheep votes and ruining law abiding folks sport. When I handed mine into the gestarpo sorry police I could have cried years of saving up and hours of overtime just to pay for them gone.

I was gutted when i handed in my pistols. Has anything changed NO. When guns are out lawed only outlaws will have them

Lucky ****** :good: I heard it's hard enough to get one that's restricted to 2 shots :good:

How do they restrict a semi auto then ? Like a Glock 17 ?

Those days are well gone, the only way you,ll get a glock 17 is move to America ;) I used to have a .357 desert eagle along with a host of other pistols and revolvers back in the early 90's but like I said, those days are well gone.

Hi Gerry

Why is it a lot of messing about it is only like applying for any other firearm if you can show good reason to have a section 5 you can have one plenty of people have them(semi autos) for humane despatch

Geordie

Hi up here in darkest Lancashire its the evidence which the police ask for in respect of good reason in my cassie had to keep a log book for twelve months of each outing and any need for humane dispatch ie wounded deer ect. I know what you are going to say if its not a clean shot dont shoot but it happens unfortunately anyway much hoop jumping later I did obtain a section 5 pistol with a 2 round restriction