Help - semi auto

Elmo

Hi all

I've kinda asked before but the money is burning a hole in my pocket now. I want to get a semi-auto (already have an o/u I'm really happy with). I shoot mostly clays although do have an opportunity to do other stuff. On the clays, mostly skeet.

My head tells me a 391 (new or S/H) but I keep looking at the SX3 or the Benelli with the comfort-tech -

your suggestions and experiences really appreciated.

thanks all :good:

Benelli or Beretta with Gel Tek pad. Both of these will serve you superbly and command a higher resale price when you come to sell than the Wnny.

I have had 6 Berettas (A302 - AL391) though my hands at one point or another in my career to date, all of them have sold for good money. Benellis have that same want factor.... As much as I want to love them, the Browning and Winchester, have always played secong fiddle to the Italians.

Edited by The Burpster

benelli and beretta are both great guns, (both made by beretta)

BUT with the benelli, you can talk about comfort tech or special anti recoil devices .... but because of the way both guns operate unless you fire them both back to back you can not comprehend how much less recoil there is on the beretta..... no bias its just how it is

Edited by kennym

Benelli suffers from recoil. Shot a couple of them.

Beretta 391 - mate has a Teknys Gold, which - apart from needing a new receiver - jams for England. The cure is to put the carrier from a 390 in. Progress?:good:?

Winchesters X2 or X3 seem remarkable value for money.

I do like the Benelli but low recoil was on my list. I'm also aware of resale so will probably be going for the AL391..... so... question is which one? There are so many deriiveti.... duriver... darirve.... different versions.

I'm shooting mostly clays and mostly skeet so will go for a 28". What is so good about the Teknys? Xtra wood? Synth? (don't think a camo will go down too well)

Edited by Elmo

I've got a franchi raptor that I've had for just over 18mnths and I think it's great especially for the money. Looks good, handles good, easy to strip and clean. chrome lined barrel and gas operated - cost me less than £600 brand new!! Not one jam or mis-fire yet.

raptor is a fine gun for the money and very much under rated. you can`t compare them with the older franchi autos

I shoot a Beretta Tekys Gold on the sporting clays and skeet and the only draw back i find with it is the weight. It is quite heavy to be honest. The Benelli is WAY too expensive and i'm not sure it's worth the extra money. Another good choice, which i pondered over for a while, is the Browning Fusion Evolve 2 Elite. VERY nice, very leightweight and only about £1000 brand new. It uses something called Back Bore Technology which apparently aids in the pattern consistency, and should i change my Beretta Tekys Gold for anything, i suspect it would be this gun.

To be honest mate, there are that many out there, that it only falls down to 2 things... Money, and personal choice.

Good Luck.

Just found an Urika 2 Gold for £725 second hand or the same gun £925 brand new.... are these about right ? Seems to be some wide variations in price (saw one for £1600 :good: )

Urika 2 is what I now have and whilst 725 seems a lot, if its still in warranty and mint cond then thats not a bad price. Berettas went up about 20% a couple of months ago and hence due to few 2ndhand ones being around you have to get what you can...... £925 new is a snip.....! (thats the old pre increase price)

I had to buy new as a 2ndhand 26" 20g is rarer than condom machines at the Vatican...... :good:

As mentioned above stick with Urika 2 (game stock) / Urika Sporting (competition stock). Synthetics are nice guns and handle well but make your hands sweaty in the summer (wear gloves). Camo - no no if shooting at clay grounds, they are banned at my local club....(wrong image apparently :good: ) they are essentially only the Synthetic that has been dipped anyways.

Teknys - tarted up 391 action with added selling gizmos for the US market. IMHO not worth the extra for making it look like a tarts handbag, but if thats your thing then maybe it is.....

Edited by The Burpster

click there mate, you will find alot of different guns, justselect your preferances and it will show a list of guns from all across the uk, find ones near to you, and you can find great prices mate, i brought my gamo off there, and its a decent website, check it out and you will find alot of different guns... if that helps that is, it may not be of any help, but seriously it might be helpful to you...

as for the guns im not sure, going out with my cousin today and having a shot on his new Semi a webley and scott WS8 12b ill let you know how it is... even its not the one your looking at, its not to expensive and he says its alright so, you never know...

post-14088-1238933661.jpg