Ghurka poll

Ozzy Fudd

should Ghurka soldiers automatically receive british citizenship after completing their service?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. should Ghurka soldiers automatically receive british citizenship after completing their service?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spend loads of time ranting about how this country wastes money on losers and scum. We offer help to all the drop outs who can't help themselves and waste millions of pounds a year doing it. Anybody can sneak in and scrounge.

As per normal, if you're a good guy you're screwed. I'd happily put a couple more % on my tax bill to give to these guys. Without them I quite possibly wouldn't have such an easy life now (and you wouldn't either Viking, you dipstick). We should let them in, and their families if they want to come. If their kids are anything like their parents they'd be an asset to the country. Who knows, they may even be able to help us police the place better. This country is an embarassment, I'm going to vote for the first time in the next election because I hate our government that much I want to see them out! In fact, sod it. Give the Ghurkas the PMs house and kick him out :rolleyes:

and a big yes from me.ive met a few of these guys in the past and there so well turned out and polite very genuine and happy i also have family who have fought alongside these very brave men and have an original gurkha knife thats been passed down via one of my uncles that was given to him by a gurkha and a very good friend.and myself would like to hear the reasons why these other people have not voted yes and voted no instead.

paddy

so now im not aloud my own opinion, i should just follow along with every one elses opinions, i know all about these people and what they have done and what they do do, but still i think they dont do it so they can live in the uk, its nothing against them but i feel we are full already, and we all know why were full and what were full of, but there are some people who think we should let whoever come over hear and stay, then there are those who think we shouldnt, we are all entitled to our own opinion, doesnt make me an ****, ******, ******* ****, or a ***, half of you are probably just being sheep about it, atleast im honest, i will not be fielding questions on my answer or my opinions either, i was just adding a reply as others have,

and as for challanging me to come and meet you and a load of squaddies, grow up,

so now im not aloud my own opinion, i should just follow along with every one elses opinions, i know all about these people and what they have done and what they do do, but still i think they dont do it so they can live in the uk, its nothing against them but i feel we are full already, and we all know why were full and what were full of, but there are some people who think we should let whoever come over hear and stay, then there are those who think we shouldnt, we are all entitled to our own opinion, doesnt make me an ****, ******, ******* ****, or a ***, half of you are probably just being sheep about it, atleast im honest, i will not be fielding questions on my answer or my opinions either, i was just adding a reply as others have,

and as for challanging me to come and meet you and a load of squaddies, grow up,

I cant be the only one who stuck up for viking when he first joined and took a lot of stick, who are now wishing they hadnt bothered.

Voicing an unpolular point of view on a contentious topic does not make you a stroker. Doing it practically every time on the other hand to get a rise out of people, does make you a stroker.

Next time a newbie makes a ****-wit of themselves, causing them to cop some flak and I speak out on their behalf, could one of the longer serving members on here have a quiet word with me please. I cant help but feel a bit responsible.

ZB

Yes from me ! These guys have served and fought for this country and deserve any help after their service , that we should be able to give them ! Had the pleasure of working with and speaking with lots of Ghurkas, during my time in the Royal Engineers. Great workers, great soldiers and polite, honest men. Unlike many of the great unwashed that inhabit this country now, and some of the idiots that run it ! And don't even get me started on the criminals and terrorists they have allowed in and won't get rid of !!

Col :good:

Yes, you're allowed an opinion. But, it's probably best if you didn't voice it*eherm* aloud.

Free born sons of Englishmen or 'Bloody' Johnny Foreigner. I know which one of these two demographics I'd rather have living next door...

_41534282_ghurkas416.jpg

chav.JPG

Which one do you most closely resemble?

Everyone is allowed their opinion, but justifying it with "we have too many people here already" is not the right way about it.

"Chuck all the skanks out and allow these people to live the life that THEY DESERVE" would be what you were looking for, unless of course you think we should just chuck all the skanks out and still not let these people in.

if that's the case IMO you are a stinking *****.

Edited by J@mes

Everyone is allowed their opinion, but justifying it with "we have too many people here already" is not the right way about it.

"Chuck all the skanks out and allow these people to live the life that THEY DESERVE" would be what you were looking for, unless of course you think we should just chuck all the skanks out and still not let these people in.

if that's the case IMO you are a stinking *****.

if you want to insult me then probably you or anyone else do it via pm, its a poor do to insult someone for voicing there opinion, and to say i shouldnt do it on hear is only the same as being abusive because my opinion isnt the same as yours, im not even getting into my reasons why i think what i think, we simply have to many people in this contry already,

j@mes please pm me with your views on why i cant justify my coments with" we have to many people hear already" when thats the reason, as i feel your just jumping on the bandwagon to please other members, and that you dont really have a decent argument as to why you added to this post, pms welcome

ps. can i also add that its nothing against them and i would have them stay in this contry above half the ***** hear already, and above any of the ***** already let in that shouldnt be hear,

Edited by viking

No PM's viking, its a group discussion.

Why isn't "we have too many people here already" a valid argument?

Well, as we all know, the Ghurka's have earned the right to be here by fighting in our armed forces, along side our troops in wars that have nothing to do with them or their homeland. To say "we are too full" is not really a good reason for letting DESERVING people in to this country. As I said up there ^^^ if you have issues with the capacity of the country then "remove the leeches and allow these people in" would be acceptable. BUT seriously, I bet there are less Ghurkas wanting to claim citizenship here than illegals that come through the boarder everyday. Their number is that small that it would make absolutely no difference to the operation of this country if they were here or not. And for this reason alone your argument of "we are too full already" is a pile of ****.

I dont do PM's, so dont PM me - this is a forum, and forums are the places for discussion.

i didnt ask for pm discussions, i asked for insults to be pmd, as not every one needs to know how ignorant you are, for insulting someone who doesnt share your opinions, so they have earned the right to live in this contry have they, says who? you. nor do i want to have a petty argument on a public forum, you have your opinion and i have mine, only iv not insulted you over yours,

Yeh, I have said they have earned the right to live here. as have 92% of other people on here. I also expect that the majority of the population think this way too. which makes us right, and you wrong. :good:

Ignorant? I called you a ***** because your opinion and what it was based on was laughable and said your argument was ****. doesn't make me ignorant.

Ignorant: lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact. makes you ignorant, as you obviously dont comprehend what these people have done for us!

i didnt ask for pm discussions, i asked for insults to be pmd, as not every one needs to know how ignorant you are, for insulting someone who doesnt share your opinions, so they have earned the right to live in this contry have they, says who? you. nor do i want to have a petty argument on a public forum, you have your opinion and i have mine, only iv not insulted you over yours,

You are correct

If everyone had the same opinion where would we be on here, be pretty boring dont you think? and although I support the Ghurka's to live in this country, I respect vikings opinion, not everyone is the same its life.

After all we are supposed to be living in a democracy and at least viking has got the balls to come out and say it as the other 9 haven't, so show some decency and respect his opinion.

Edited by The BFG