Breaking in my new gun.

I've got a new semi-auto and it needs breaking in before it will cycle relyably. Many cartridges claim to be low recoil but I want a few hundred high recoil ones! Presumabley cheaper ones use more primative technology and would therefore be better for me. It can chamber up to 3". Any particular brands?

Beretta Xtremas are said to need breaking in sometimes. Even the owners manual says that. If you've bought a Hatsan though I'd break it in with a hammer, then buy a decent gun B)

EDIT.... and some Express Magnum Max game 50g should break it in nicely. Nothing big is cheap so you'll justhave to enjoy them for what they are....Big expensive loads!

Edited by njc110381

Kent Velocity - They're proper thumpers in 28G

Re: Kent Velocity, I bought two thousand of these, shot 100 and took them all back to the shop and swapped them for Express 24 gram. in fibre.

There is no need at all to sell cartridges that batter you to bits.

Wonder if I should sue?

My shoulder hurt and there is no warning on the box about recoil damaging you. B)

my franchi semi auto wouldn't cycle light loads to start with but I found a different model has a seal on the erm cylinder (it's gas operated) but the raptor (which is nearly the same) doesn't!

An "o" ring later and it cycles everything spot on!

If yours works the same it might be worth a go.