How many Rabbits are shot by PW Members 2009

George1990

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha love it when Baldrick posts on this thread.

I can't be alone in shooting those quantities though. A local farmer took 417 rabbits last Friday night, off one farm's rape and OSR stubble.

There is a local farm with a rabbit problem that most PWers can only dream about. I stopped on my bike ride last night for a breather, and had a count up of the rabbits on one 12-acre field that had been silaged recently. I stopped counting when I got to 300 rabbits, with plenty more to go. The field was more brown than green. And that (very lazy and incompetent) farmer has about 200 ac of hay and paddocks. You could probably take 2,500 rabbits off that one farm this summer.

2 more tonight, although one was so small it barely counted as a rabbit. Still none go to waste, 1 for burger, 1 for ferret food.

11,733 (not sure if I need to add Robby's 500?)

and would this be a shameless cheek to ask Mr. Baldrick.... do you ever need a hand? :lol::yes::good:

Mick, there are about 40 volunteers ahead of you in the queue, all equally eager for some shooting here in Essex! All of the farms that my firm manages in Herts have the shooting rights fully let out. Should a viable opportunity pop up, I will, as always let you all know.

Mick, there are about 40 volunteers ahead of you in the queue, all equally eager for some shooting here in Essex! All of the farms that my firm manages in Herts have the shooting rights fully let out. Should a viable opportunity pop up, I will, as always let you all know.

Thanks Baldrick, it was an cheeky question I admit, but thanks for replying to it. Good luck nailing those bunnies! :good:

Edited by mick miller

Two hours out tonight, saw only 5 bunnies before the light faded, 3 shots, 2 dead (1 complete miss). It seems my permission has now been sold so I'll get one more go on it before the keys get handed over to someone who writes for one of the shooting mags, I can't see them wanting me to shoot bunnies on their land, it's a cruel mistress fate!

Still the new place is crawling with them (allegedly), and it's surrounded by farmland as far as the eye can see on all sides. I feel a FAC application coming on...

11,738 + 2 =

11,740 (how many burgers does that make?)

Edited by mick miller