A little walking tour of Charlottesville

LeeinVA

I had taken these today after seeing my mate Doug.. I needed to clear my mind.. I realized there is a pile of history within blocks of my office.. Since i have shown you my home, and lake, and snow? Why not where i work? I look at these great things just about every day, but i do not see them <_< Taken for granted they are :yes: Enjoy fellas..

http://picasaweb.google.com/norseson/Charl...Ib2h8qI8KG-tgE#

What true respect for honour your country has for people that stood up for a cause......

Clean and tidy and it is respected by all.

How long would monuments and historical items like them last if they were placed in our country?

About 5 minutes until some chav scrote desecrates them.

Brilliant pics......

Edited by starlight32

Looks a nice place to be, Lee.

Good to see that you're keeping the Confederate memory alive :P:good:

I was a bit of a "student" of the American Civil War, it always interested me and I was a bit of a Southern sympathiser :) . I always thought that the North cleverly put all the emphasis on slavery to ensure that the South was denied support from the rest of the world (primarily Britain and Europe) who were by then distancing themselves from slavery.

Sorry to hear about your mate :no: . It doesn't seem like there's any justice sometimes.

Edited by Chard

Looks a nice place to be, Lee.

Good to see that you're keeping the Confederate memory alive :P:good:

I was a bit of a "student" of the American Civil War, it always interested me and I was a bit of a Southern sympathiser :) . I always thought that the North cleverly put all the emphasis on slavery to ensure that the South was denied support from the rest of the world (primarily Britain and Europe) who were by then distancing themselves from slavery.

Sorry to hear about your mate :no: . It doesn't seem like there's any justice sometimes.

I too have a great interest. As for the confederacy, the English were with-in a hair's breath of supporting the south. The English goverment backed down at the last minute and remained neutral due to the high volume of trade the civil war brought the English economy, as well as knowing that eventually, through weight of numbers, the confederates would be defeated.

The second most used civil war musket used by both sides was of English manufacture, the Enfield pattern 1853.

And a quick tour of the UK:

a_riot_1.jpg

Excellent Lee, thanks. Looks so organised, clean and looked after! Please ignore the photo above regarding what England looks like, it is actually unrealistic because there are too many faces showing on the chavs, they normally have hoodies covering up their faces! :)

Lee, just take your pictures of lovely blue skies and sunny streets and shove em :good:

I'm working from home this morning to try to get more done and looking out the window all

I can see is sky that is varying shades of dark grey.

It's a pity to see (in your slate monument pic) you've got graffiti 'artists' too.

:)

Nial.

Edited by Nial

can understand your heartbreak even more so when we see those pictures. What you have now done is make everyone here wish they could be there, and wonder how easy it would be to import millions of wood pigeons. :)

Hopefully you can take some comfort, probably not yet, but soon when you realise the beauty, history and value of your surroundings. We all, in times of trouble and strife ,look for comfort somewhere. Sometimes it can be a good bottle of sippin whiskey, a walk in the woods whatever it is for you try and find it.

Excellent Lee, thanks. Looks so organised, clean and looked after! Please ignore the photo above regarding what England looks like, it is actually unrealistic because there are too many faces showing on the chavs, they normally have hoodies covering up their faces! :)

LMAO :good::no::P:lol: