Would you like to see a dvd about falconry?

PEREGRINE

Falconry DVD yes or no!  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Falconry DVD yes or no!

• Yes I would like to see the dvd.
    • No I dont want to see any film about falconry (i'm a pigeon shooter for christ sake).
    • I couldn't give a toss either way.

Hi guys, just lately I have been posting a few pics on the forum of hawks and falconry etc, I dont know why it just seemed like a good idea, and some of the guys seem to like them and no one has slagged me off for it yet. Out of this came some very good and far reaching questions which are impossible to answere on the forum here, so I was thinking about filming a lot of hunting and training during this coming season, a lot of flights at fur and feather and perhaps making a full dvd of just total falconry. The dvd would contain: Training a bird from the moult, Working hawks over dogs and ferrets, bird control, lots of flights and kills at pheasant, duck, rabbit, partridge, crows, gulls, and rooks. I am not going to sell the dvd's just send me postage and I will send you a dvd to enjoy. Now the thing is I dont want to go to a load of trouble doing this if no one is interested, this is why I am doing a poll, if I get enough interest I will make the film if not I wont bother simple as that, so take a couple of minutes to vote if you can and we will see what happens.

Peregrine

Would really enjoy that peregrine.

I Have always been a great lover of falconry and indeed birds of prey in general. Never participated in the sport but would love to have a try before my days are up! :lol:

Paul in North Lincs

Go for it mate its a totally absorbing passtime which does take up a lot of time and money but is extremely rewarding...

I have often thought about returning to the sport but have three young Children and a very hectic work schedule.

Maybe in the future... :lol:

I have often thought about returning to the sport but have three young Children and a very hectic work schedule.

Bit like me then.

But mike, when ever i'm on PW you also are here.

We do like a hectic work life don't we :lol:

I am busy at work but take alot of breaks through the day, PW breaks :lol:

Adam

Bit like me then.

But mike, when ever i'm on PW you also are here.

We do like a hectic work life don't we :sly:

I am busy at work but take alot of breaks through the day, PW breaks :lol:

Adam

Same here mate....

But you wont find me posting much evenings as I often work well into the early hours.

2.10 this morning... Mind you I did watch the re-run of Swindon whooping Bel Vue at the Speedway. :lol:

Hey Mad Springer hows it going? We havent heard from you for a while.

Mike you are right, if you havent got the time then theres no point in getting a bird they are very time consuming.

There have been a couple of requests for me to include tutorials in this dvd, much along the lines of the courses I used to teach. Would most people rather I concentrated on the hunting side of things or should I make it more instructive?

Peregrine

There has been a new development on the proposed DVD's.

Teal has very kindly offered to allow me to upload the movie to the site, where those with broadband could download straight to your computer, there will however be a charge something in the region of £1per GB for bandwidth. Bear in mind the size of the movie will be somewhere in the region of 4GB ie 11/2 to 2 hours long, remember this is a whole season we are talking about or as much of a season as I can get on a DVD and still maintain perfect quality(providing there is the interest). For those of you who do not have broadband I will still send a DVD via post.

Peregrine

Hey Mad Springer hows it going? We havent heard from you for a while.

Been browsing the site now and then, lost a couple of chaps at work and they're not being replaced so can't skive off to browse PW as often :shoot: The home PC seems to be permanently occupied by the Daughter these days :lol: so not really contributed a deal for a number of months. Also been busy with the dogs.

Good to see the site on the up again, some great photos you've posted Peregrine keep them coming. Would love to have the time to devote to such magnificent birds. Look forward to seeing them in action on the DVD.

How's your Springer doing?

My young pup is almost 12 months now and is showing great potential, been training with a trialling chap and hope to compete with her next season. Had her in a rabbit pen last week, I thought she was rock steady :lol: Flushed a cock bird and 2 rabbits in the pen and behaved perfectly, didn't move an inch. Worked her down the bottom end of the pen in some thick cover, out comes a dutch rabbit followed by my little bitch 2 foot behind it all around the pen :sly: She had 4 runs on the dutch rabbits. After being put back on the spot and having the stop whistle blown in her ear each time she only moved 5-8 yards on the fourth run. Called it a day and will have her back in the pen in a couple of weeks.

I've not run that fast since schools sports day! :shoot:

Cheers

Mad Springer

Glad to hear your dog is doing well, no doubt about it mate springers keep you fit :lol:

My dog seems to be going through the teenage years at the moment, knows it all and thinks she doesnt have to listen, really have to keep on her case, she will take advantage of any situation where she doesnt have my total attention.

She has started to range too far ahead when on a scent, and so she is having a spell on the check cord at the moment but she is really starting to use her nose to find game, still chasing anything that moves though :<

One day when she is trained I will look back on all this and laugh, seems a long way off though :lol:

Peregrine

this may or may not be of help, if you want to be able to download the likes of a dvd encoding it with divX getting dvd quality down to around the 750 meg mark, if you are keen something like gordian knot will do it, or there are many other programs available to encode dvd's , however you will lose the chapters and suchlike.

if you want to share the file using something like bit torrent would be the best as it costs nothing and as people are downloading they are uploading what they have already got to others, so it makes for a good scaleable sharing network and costs nothing, that's just if you want to save some pw bandwith charges

hope this helps