HOME MADE BREAD

mikee

i just use my breadmaker to mix & prove the dough i dont cook it in the machine as they like little baps here so i do mine in the oven , still lovely though :oops::lol:

I get 8 little baps out of 500grms of flour or 4 big baps , depends what they want them filling with at the time :unsure:

Edited by Kay

• 2 weeks later...
i just use my breadmaker to mix & prove the dough i dont cook it in the machine as they like little baps here so i do mine in the oven , still lovely though :no: :blink:

I get 8 little baps out of 500grms of flour or 4 big baps , depends what they want them filling with at the time :yes:

kay what recipe do u use ?

i just use my breadmaker to mix & prove the dough i dont cook it in the machine as they like little baps here so i do mine in the oven , still lovely though :no: :blink:

I get 8 little baps out of 500grms of flour or 4 big baps , depends what they want them filling with at the time :yes:

Any chance of a photo ?

Bin rolling me own bread for years now-dont be temted to buy anything other than Panasonic-they work well and spares are easy to get on the bay.Aldi and such companies dont carry spares so after the bearing in the bread pan seizes up (most do sooner or later) the machine is no good.Only buy one if its for taste-if you think it will save you money then think again.Learn to use the machine and find out when the mixing cycle has finished and baking is about to start-push the dough to one side and remove the paddle(s) so you dont get gaping gashes in the bread-it also makes it easier to remove the finished loaf from the tin.Dont forget to spread the dough back to a roughly level lump.Its not uncommon to find that your first 2-3 loaves are rubbish-dont give up.If you push any mixture that sticks to the tin back down on the initial mixing cycle you will reap the benefits-use a wooden tool.Good luck.

Bin rolling me own bread for years now-dont be temted to buy anything other than Panasonic-they work well and spares are easy to get on the bay.Aldi and such companies dont carry spares so after the bearing in the bread pan seizes up (most do sooner or later) the machine is no good.Only buy one if its for taste-if you think it will save you money then think again.Learn to use the machine and find out when the mixing cycle has finished and baking is about to start-push the dough to one side and remove the paddle(s) so you dont get gaping gashes in the bread-it also makes it easier to remove the finished loaf from the tin.Dont forget to spread the dough back to a roughly level lump.Its not uncommon to find that your first 2-3 loaves are rubbish-dont give up.If you push any mixture that sticks to the tin back down on the initial mixing cycle you will reap the benefits-use a wooden tool.Good luck.

this is tip of the day stuff :yes: good idea

yep italian can be quite tasty, tho i always found german baps quite nice, tho you wudnt expect it. and ive resently got into russian bread too, they dont make baps so much, just big loaves, but theyre amazing :no:

ah yes the bleached flour....

Now I want to know about American baps ... where is Lee when you need him?

LEE

Deaf colonial :yes: