O2, Vodafone or Orange????

gixer1

It's time to question the renewal of the phone contract again, i've been with O2 for around 8 years and wondered if it was worth a change??

all of them have similar coverage in my area so it's down to deals, freebies and customer service.... does anyone have any thoughts on this??

i'm swaying towards the Vodafone at the moment due to them offering the Blackberry storm free...

But orange offer a wii with guitar hero...(but i already have a wii)

funnily enough O2 (who i have been with longest) are only offering £150 of credit...

The phone is a monthly paid business type contact with 2 phones...

Regards,

Gixer

My sister has went to phones4u for quite a while and they offer free ps3, xbox360, cashback and laptops with some phones. She's switched to vodafone and got the blackberry storm for free and they've payed £90 of her old contract off.

Where as im with tmobile and i got the new g1 with 700mins, unlimited text and unlimited internet access for £32 a month.

I have been with Vodafone as long as I have had a mobile, which is probably about 15 - 18 years. I have never had a problem and if they don't offer you a decent deal when you renew your contract you just tell them you are leaving and going elsewhere.

They then offer you what you wanted.

They also have the best UK and worldwide coverage.

also with voda here the best coverage there is, not the cheapest but thats the downside. Not sure if you can do it with 2 phones but they do have a business plan where calls between mobiles on the plan are free which may be worth a look.

It's time to question the renewal of the phone contract again, i've been with O2 for around 8 years and wondered if it was worth a change??

all of them have similar coverage in my area so it's down to deals, freebies and customer service.... does anyone have any thoughts on this??

i'm swaying towards the Vodafone at the moment due to them offering the Blackberry storm free...

But orange offer a wii with guitar hero...(but i already have a wii)

funnily enough O2 (who i have been with longest) are only offering £150 of credit...

The phone is a monthly paid business type contact with 2 phones...

Regards,

Gixer

You might want to check out the Storm a bit more before you commit - lots of people have had problems. I sent mine back after 10 days cos it was soooo bad. Got a Nokia 5800 instead - brilliant. Vodafone are great in my opinion but I have never had O2 and has friends who swear by it. Killer for me is Voda is the only network that gives me a good signal at home so it is a no brainer.

I was happy with voda when I had my e61, but when the iPhone 3gs came out, I started having serious, nay, dirty thoughts about moving. Voda was **** at home and the battery was going on the phone, so last Saturday I took the plunge and bought the iPhone. It's ace.

It's actually easier to use than my old phone and even does my work email. How cool is that?

Coverage on o2 is still rubbish at home, but hey ho

Some Top Tips For You . I was In This Business For A long Time So Watch Out .

The First Thing You Check Is Your Coverage In Your Area And General Areas .

The Second Thing You Do Is Check The Above Again.

The 0/0 percentage quote of coverage in aerias is maths . So They make it Look Good For Advertising .

Vodaphone & o2 Which used to be cellnet a long time ago have far got the largest coverage .

Orange / T Mobile & all the other minor companies do not have as good coverage . They will however offer you the best deals around to get your custom l, like free phones, free air time , free laptops etc . None of this however is any good at all if you got no network cover to use the damn phone etc.

This is why we used to call ORANGE / NO-RANGE Because They through everything at you to get you on board but there was never good coverage to use it .

My Friends are on T mobile Again Offering Litterely 100s & 100s of free minutes but he's a sales rep and i always go straight through to answering machine , cos again hes never got any signal.

As a rule if your In Town Centre's or city centers it generally much for much but if you live or work in the superbs its a different story.

Not Going To Bore You Too much but go on line or check out any friends phones or networks that you know of and just make sure you get good signal where you need it most .

As For Customer Service From Any Of These Companies Yeah Well Thats A Different Story and i'm Not Going to go into That .

Hope This Helps

Lozninja

Edited by lozninja

ok, went with phones 4 U, got a Blackberry Storm through vodafone (apparently the software glitches have been mostly cleared up! and i always have my blackberry curve to use if the storm gives up the ghost!) i got 600 mins anytime, any net, 3000 texts ;) and unlimited calls to uk landlines and unlimited internet use for £17.50 line rental for 6 months and £35 a month for the remaining 6 months.

Also a Nokia 6303 classic through orange (which is apparently a newly released phone) with 100 mins anytime any net, 500 texts and unlimited uk landline mins and a £120 cheque in the post and £30 a month line rental

also free insurance for both....

What do you reckon?

regards,

gixer.

Edited by gixer1

ok, went with phones 4 U, got a Blackberry Storm through vodafone (apparently the software glitches have been mostly cleared up! and i always have my blackberry curve to use if the storm gives up the ghost!) i got 600 mins anytime, any net, 3000 texts ;) and unlimited calls to uk landlines and unlimited internet use for £17.50 line rental for 6 months and £35 a month for the remaining 6 months.

Also a Nokia 6303 classic through orange (which is apparently a newly released phone) with 100 mins anytime any net, 500 texts and unlimited uk landline mins and a £120 cheque in the post and £30 a month line rental

also free insurance for both....

What do you reckon?

regards,

gixer.

Are you sure it`s a 12 month contract??

But mind you, when we were in phones4u once we just had a look and said we cant because we did not have proof of address, then they even offered to take us home or pay for the taxi fare.

Edited by Guinea Fowl

Are you sure it`s a 12 month contract??

But mind you, when we were in phones4u once we just had a look and said we cant because we did not have proof of address, then they even offered to take us home or pay for the taxi fare.

My mate went to phone4u for a contract but forgot his passport, so they gave him £70 to go home and get his passport.

I was with Virgin for a few yrs but changed to O2 because of coverage issues, i couldnt get a signal in the house for love let alone money, with Virgin, i cant get a signal in the house with O2 either ;)

So i am trying vodaphone in the next few months & if i still can get a signal i am going to use tin cans & a peice of string :(