Is it fair?

stuart92

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the upshot iof it is, if you modify your body to be different, don't be shocked or surprised when people treat you differently! :lol:

On a serious note, that really is the upshot of it. As i've said many times, i don't do these games shoots for a few reasons, one of them being that i wouldn't want to dress up for it anymore than i'd want to have my lip pierced. It's a hard life innit. :hmm:

thats what i do i hve these retainers which are clear plastic studs which are invisibale from a meter or 2 just looks like a spot and my hair covers my ears anyway

i can see what you mean by traditon and the formal dress code but like everyone on the shoot knows me well we all get alone ive helped the keeper all this year and last even took his daughter to get her lip done ><

stuart

WHAT?

Get your hair cut you scruffy oik!

If your stepdad doesn't want to take you to a driven day, maybe its a good thing.

If the other people at the shoot are of the same conservative opinion about ear stretching etc, they will make you feel uncomfortable and you will not enjoy your day. You might be better off going to another shoot?

As the other guys said, you do things to your body to look different so you can't expect to be treated the same as everyone else or for everyone else to like it.

Just get a tweed ski-mask made up and tell them you used to go shooting with **** Cheney! :lol: Seriously though as others have said your step-father is probably saving you from having the others look down their noses at you so you wouldn't have a good day anyway.

Mark

Its funny to want to get yourself the attention but the issue is you do it to get attention so you have to deal with the attention it brings. Such as finding it harder to get a job and people not wanting to be seen out in public with you

Its funny to want to get yourself the attention but the issue is you do it to get attention so you have to deal with the attention it brings. Such as finding it harder to get a job and people not wanting to be seen out in public with you

to true

i might take them out

stuart

I have two ear rings in my left ear, I was once told by an employer "I don't employ blokes with ear rings". I never got the job and I now work for myself.

Many people are discriminated against, be it body jewellery or hair style

It's just one of those things.

Phil

Sorry but some 'fashions' are best used just for clubbing (and no I don't mean seals) where it's darkish and the flashing lights and booze/drugs make you feel fine! I'm for tradition and 'dress sense'. Oh and I think that geezer in the tweed suit looks kinda smart apart from the bling! :hmm:

Its just one of those things you have to accept when modifying your body beyond the social norm, no it's not really fair but then again neither is life so you'd better get used to it. I have (among others piercings) a surface piercing on the back of my neck which over the past few years is usually the one that people comment on/question me about. We all make choices in life that others judge us by and which ultimately affect us at some point, sometimes that effect is to a lesser extent, sometimes its to a greater extent but it will have an affect on your life.

When opening one door you usually end up closing another.

I always wonder why do it, it hurts and serves no useful purpose except erm making it harder to get a job. Maybe I'm missing something maybe the chicks love a bit of self mutilation :hmm:

to be fair it dusnt hurt as much as you think

chicks dig it big style :good:

stuart

Its just one of those things you have to accept when modifying your body beyond the social norm, no it's not really fair but then again neither is life so you'd better get used to it. I have (among others piercings) a surface piercing on the back of my neck which over the past few years is usually the one that people comment on/question me about. We all make choices in life that others judge us by and which ultimately affect us at some point, sometimes that effect is to a lesser extent, sometimes its to a greater extent but it will have an affect on your life.

When opening one door you usually end up closing another.

So why do you all do it then?

I say everyone to their own, but you just cannot be expected to be treated the same when you choose to look different from the norm, as there will always be someone who has an axe to grind.

Edited by starlight32