What's the worst beer you've experienced?

Floating Chamber

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruddles is usually OK, but I can't say I've ever tried Rhubarb :lol:

I think it was Ruddles County I used to drink in my miss spent youth <_<

I had a bottle of some weird **** with honey in it once, that was obscene.

I can normally drink most beers, but once when driving, I made the mistake of downing a few pints of that non-alcoholic Kalibre stuff :D . Jesus, I had a worse hangover than with proper beer, a real nasty chemical one :hmm:

I've had some seriously bad home brews as well :good::):D

Edited by Chard

Stieger lager!! it cost 38p a can 12 years ago, horrible stuff, closely followed by charger which was 40p a can, the best of the **** was Challenge 42p a can! I had a bottle of that speckled Hen earlier, it was pretty **** too!!!

I can normally drink most beers, but once when driving, I made the mistake of downing a few pints of that non-alcoholic Kalibre stuff :good: . Jesus, I had a worse hangover than with proper beer, a real nasty chemical one <_<

Kaliber is vile but it is alcohol free. If you want a low alcohol pint try Carling C2, only 2% but tates like a proper lager. I got a taste for it when Mrs Diceman was about to give birth ad I had to be ready for the hospital run, but its my school night drink of choice now.

My worst beer experience was Ruddles County. As a student I worked in quality control in the brewery in Halifax. Rock up to the early shift at 6am with a horrendous hangover from the free budweiser lifted from the lab the night before and 3 hours sleep in the bag, and I had to drink the stuff and pronounce it fit to package. Not good. :hmm:

Most lagers taste like **** to me. I'm definatly an ale man. Worst for me has to be Yeungling Lager. It's made by America's oldest brewery which happens to be in Pennsylvania where I live, there's a lot of state pride in this beer. I've practically been accused of being a communist and/or Un-American for not liking it.

The worst beer I've tasted in terms of the intended taste is probably 'Union', a Slovenian lager. In stark contrast, it must be said, to the delicious 'Lasko' (especially Temno Lasko, the dark version). The Slovenes say (depending on their preference) that you drink one and **** the other!

In terms of the wosrt beer I've had because of how it was kept that dubious honour goes to a pint of Deakin's something that I had in Kettering Rugby Club bar in about 1997. Filthy stuff, if I had been 18 I would have complained...! Instead we left and went up into town. I was very poorly later on.*

LS

*This has nothing to do with the other beer that I consumed later on.**

**Er, probably.