Wow! .... What have you got to do to loose your FAC?

Katash

I'm not sure how you're getting that out of the link you posted? The article implies he was the aggressor.

I can't see how police are overstepping the mark in wanting to talk to him, what should they have done, used the phone? Hand signals?

says the officer pushed him,someone pushes me I wont take kindly to it either,no matter who it is.and he is probably ****** off with his mates for running to the law just because he gets angry and doesn't agree with them.does that make him unfit to own a gun....not in my eyes

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disputing anything you're saying, but the only thing I would add is anything like that goes against everything Freemasonry stands for. No different to corrupt politicians or bent police officers. It's the person and their lack of integrity rather than the organisation.

I'd be amazed if it had any connection to this story.

As a very active member of the "square " i can categorically confirm Jimmyb79's comments freemasonry will have NOTHING to do with it . We have VERY strict rules . And this goes very much against the grain and would also be frowned upon.

Freemasonry amongst other things is based around a system of morality. And is taken very seriously.

As a very active member of the "square " i can categorically confirm Jimmyb79's comments freemasonry will have NOTHING to do with it . We have VERY strict rules . And this goes very much against the grain and would also be frowned upon.

Freemasonry amongst other things is based around a system of morality. And is taken very seriously.

Fair enough; we take as we find.

Scully . I was not having a pop mate . Just wanted to my point across.

Atb

Perfectly understood and no offence meant or taken. There are some very good people in our local lodge but it wasn't always the case when I was growing up, but as has been said, this was down to certain individuals and not inherent as an association as far as I know.

Perfectly understood and no offence meant or taken. There are some very good people in our local lodge but it wasn't always the case when I was growing up, but as has been said, this was down to certain individuals and not inherent as an association as far as I know.

I know what you mean .

Also being a member of the "square" i will totally agree with the above

seems to me the old bill overstepped the mark again and they were the aggressors,fair play to him for standing up for himself.just because you have a fac doesn't mean you have bow down to everyone and not stand up for yourself...imo..

says the officer pushed him,someone pushes me I wont take kindly to it either,no matter who it is.and he is probably ****** off with his mates for running to the law just because he gets angry and doesn't agree with them.does that make him unfit to own a gun....not in my eyes

I take it that you originate from Burnley. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Potential bizarre posts of the year - although it is early.

I take it that you originate from Burnley. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Potential bizarre posts of the year - although it is early.

why burnley!!!seems like a lot of people on here are a bit quick to condemb one of their own without knowing all the facts.who needs the antis,,,judge made right decision,imo

If a crown court judge has ruled he keep his ticket how can the licensing department pull his tickets?? Unless they have something else, that wasn't disclosed in court.

"Two charges of making threats to kill will lie on file."

Sounds like he is very lucky!!! Don't think I'd like to shoot with him.

With regards to the police pushing him first, I wouldn't be impressed if anyone pushed me, however I would not believe the office would push him back without a very good reason! He must have been acting very aggressive and they were doing it as self defense to make space.

But as always we have / will never get the full story so no point in speculating what the press have said so beef up a story.

"The officers asked if they could talk to him and the court heard Fletcher immediately became aggressive and stood 12 inches from the face of PC O'Brien.

PC Hamilton pushed Fletcher away, who started swearing at him." Quoted from your link.

I'm a police officer, if I'm politely enquiring about something and get this response then I'd push the person away too. According to the report they didn't just turn up and start pushing this bloke around. Unless you're just reading the bits you want to?

You cant trust the police maybe not all but a lot make up evidence to suit there case and that is fact

Perhaps you could furnish us with the facts and name names. then let the individuals sue you. Then again - perhaps not.

Why do people make sweeping generalisations about the Police? There are many good ones, with a few who really shouldn't wear the uniform, but to say you can't trust them - without any knowledge of what went on. Very, very strange.

PS Burnley Dave would have it sorted - well quick. :innocent:

Edited by Gordon R

"The officers asked if they could talk to him and the court heard Fletcher immediately became aggressive and stood 12 inches from the face of PC O'Brien.

PC Hamilton pushed Fletcher away, who started swearing at him." Quoted from your link.

I'm a police officer, if I'm politely enquiring about something and get this response then I'd push the person away too. According to the report they didn't just turn up and start pushing this bloke around. Unless you're just reading the bits you want to?

my wife tells me she is gona kill me most weekends..lol..does that mean I should gas her and hit her with a baton...now theres a thought...so your saying you cant deal with a old fella gobbing off to you without resorting to gassing him and using your batton when theres two officers there...I know none of us were there so don't know the complete story but to slate a judge who knew all the facts and acted accordingly and made a decision on facts alone...

my wife tells me she is gona kill me most weekends..lol..does that mean I should gas her and hit her with a baton...now theres a thought...so your saying you cant deal with a old fella gobbing off to you without resorting to gassing him and using your batton when theres two officers there...

Has Burnley Dave made a re-appearance? Either that or he has a long lost twin. :whistling::whistling:

Has Burnley Dave made a re-appearance? Either that or he has a long lost twin. :whistling::whistling:

why don't you try saying something constructive.or is that beyond you,,,just because some of us have a different opinion to you.. :whistling::whistling:

my wife tells me she is gona kill me most weekends..lol..does that mean I should gas her and hit her with a baton...now theres a thought... Hardly the same comparison.

so your saying you cant deal with a old fella gobbing off to you without resorting to gassing him and using your batton when theres two officers there I don't think I've said that anywhere? What I will say is that it doesn't matter if it's a 15 year old or a 75 year old a threat is a threat. If someone is 12" away from your face and being aggressive then I defy anyone whether police or not to just stand there and let them.

...I know none of us were there so don't know the complete story That we agree on.

but to slate a judge who knew all the facts and acted accordingly and made a decision on facts alone... I don't think I've slated the judge anywhere just given an opinion that I'm surprised he kept his licence. Judges get it wrong on occasions too you know?