Don't agree ....... He is a really nice Lad. His wife is a lovely Lady too.

Kate is as you say a lovely lady , she does spend a bit of time digging him out of holes though ! .. I wonder if his temperament is what it takes to stay at the very top for as long as he has ..Can't think of many people that have that sort of dedication , skill & determination to remain in a sport that long ..As said any other sport he would be a household name & worth a fortune . Watching him shoot partridges a while back was something to behold .

I can't really see why George is being judged, by some, on his personality. He is simply the finest clay shot the World has ever seen.

Why do some feel the need to add another dimension? Floyd Mayweather, Kevin Peterson, Andy Murray, Ronny O'Sullivan, Christiano Ronaldo, Lewis Hamilton - just a small sample of top sportsmen who have been called arrogant by people who don't really know them.

Have any of you ever walked along a river bank where there's a big match going on & asked the fishermen how they're doing - they don't relpy or chats because they're focused on what they're doing - George along with many or most other top shots are the same - when they're shooting at competitions, they're focused !

I Bumped in to him at the BSS a couple of years ago & he was very sociable :good:

I can't really see why George is being judged, by some, on his personality. He is simply the finest clay shot the World has ever seen.

Why do some feel the need to add another dimension? Floyd Mayweather, Kevin Peterson, Andy Murray, Ronny O'Sullivan, Christiano Ronaldo, Lewis Hamilton - just a small sample of top sportsmen who have been called arrogant by people who don't really know them.

+1..to be top there has to be a degree of self belief;I guess some folk see this as arrogant.......Always found GD to be top man,but in many ways it is irrelevant and all shooting folk should see what good he has done for shooting/British shooting....''if you fly high with the crows you will get shot at''..us Brits are great at knocking success in whatever guise..

+1..to be top there has to be a degree of self belief;I guess some folk see this as arrogant.......Always found GD to be top man,but in many ways it is irrelevant and all shooting folk should see what good he has done for shooting/British shooting....''if you fly high with the crows you will get shot at''..us Brits are great at knocking success in whatever guise..

We mere mortals look up in awe at the Gods, they in turn by their very nature are apt at times to look down on us. The difference being that they tend to forgive us our sins, whereas we in turn are generally unforgiving of theirs! :whistling: