magnet decoys

im a flapper man .......but im going to give the magnet a try..............

QUESTION.....

bearing in mind a dead bird is the best decoy................if you are not using dead birds on the magnet ...what decoy would you use and what ones have you used that are effective........

I have some full bodied with foam wings which are OK but replace with dead birds once a couple are shot. I also normally have a couple of preserved dead birds (dried with Borax) which work well when "fresh" but look less realistic after repeated trips in and out the truck. These are a better option for a full day as the battery lasts much longer with the decoys or preserved birds.

I use Hyperflaps on the magnet if I do t have dead birds and find these work very well.

Not the cheapest decoy and even feel a little flimsy, but they are much tougher than they look. Had mine over 5 years and still in good shape.

Cos

If you ever need dead birds ditchman, i will send you some out the back of my boys Landy, you wont need a magnet they will move on thier own :lol::lol:

a few years ago i left a dead pigeon during the summer in the company car with some cammo netting for a week........................jesus wept boy the stink was mega....that is one smell i can never forget....nearly on a par with skunk juice when i was in florida

a few years ago i left a dead pigeon during the summer in the company car with some cammo netting for a week........................jesus wept boy the stink was mega....that is one smell i can never forget....nearly on a par with skunk juice when i was in florida

Whilst that sounds disgusting, I think the worst smell on this planet is a Dead-Fish pit on a trout farm! When I was younger working on a trout farm I had the great job of filling it and digging new ones right next to a live one!!

Whilst that sounds disgusting, I think the worst smell on this planet is a Dead-Fish pit on a trout farm! When I was younger working on a trout farm I had the great job of filling it and digging new ones right next to a live one!!

fish is rank................but until you have smelt scunk nothing can compare............makes the "sick trigger" go into overdrive...and if you get it on your clothes you have 2 options

1. wash yourself and clothes in tomatoe juice
  2. burn the clothes

Ah, the joys of the mort pit!!!

I appreciate the thread is about decoys but just make sure you always keep a couple of dead birds in the freezer from the last time you went out.

Mr Mrs isn't overly happy but there's nothing better, just make sure they come out the night before so you can actually use them.

i have a sneaking suspicion that you think i am sum sort of throw back to "the fast show".....Enter stage left...........ditchman dressed in torn clothes rolled down welly boots ...standing outside afforsaid shed..."today ..im going to make .................................................."