My skip

Mungler

We are half way through a loft conversion and have a nice 6 yard skip outside our house full of all sorts; junk out the loft that has never been touched in 8 years, an old cabinet, half a dozen chairs, the odd lump of wood and a couple of whole pallets from stuff recently delivered.

Knock at the door - chap turns up and says can he have the wood out of our skip - he mixes it in with coal at winter and gets some free heating. We say, knock yourself out, we are throwing it out anyway and liked the idea of it being recycled.

Three hours later he has extracted all the wood from the skip, cut it down to size and stuck it in his car (full to the brim). He couldn't get his boot shut so I gave him a couple of bungee ties.

At the end he offers me a tenner and says thank you. I decline and explain that he has half emptied a skip which won't need changing now for another week and at £150 a skip we probably owe him at least £50.

Flippin brilliant :lol:

I hope he comes back regularly until the builders are done - nice little money saver for me :good:

It is amazing how much of the skip is now clear. The guy was clearly a pro and packed his car how we should have packed the skip in the first place. I have just been out for a look and he has repacked the skip in a sensible fashion - it was previously over the "don't over fill" line by a good 2 to 3 feet and now it is barely half full and way below the brim. He could make a living at that.

It is amazing how much of the skip is now clear. The guy was clearly a pro and packed his car how we should have packed the skip in the first place. I have just been out for a look and he has repacked the skip in a sensible fashion - it was previously over the "don't over fill" line by a good 2 to 3 feet and now it is barely half full and way below the brim. He could make a living at that.

You got that right Mung.

Cost of getting rid of waste is astronomical. Skip hire is heavy money these days. You are paying what for that skip 150 quid?

Disposal and tax at landfill is the killer out of that for the skip firm so they are not on the gravy train which alot of people think.

6 yard skip even off one of my clients is circa £150 a pop.

As you say Rob, burning £150 to get rid of toot.

Standby your beds for the Mungler mega-sale-a-thon. The boot of my car is full of shooting toot which will be sold in due course.

I have a new rule, if I haven't touched it in 3 years, it goes.

Incidentally, if anyone wants a Harman Kardon Amp, Polk Speakers (top end gear), Keff Speakers, Marantz Amp, Kenwood 5.1 tuner and surround sound speakers (with sub), Boston accoustics monitor speakers then PM me. Other toot includes lamps (Tracer Atom, Car lamps, filters etc), XL shooting gear [plenty, all top end], range finder, couple of scopes, chokes for Beretta 12g and 20g, cammo gear of all sorts then PM me for first dibs.

A few years ago we were removing a floor from a church and filled a skip with the timber, when we came back in the morning someone had helped themselves so the skip driver took away an empty skip, although they still charged full price. :lol:

I love skips, find all sorts in them!

When I was about 12 me and a mate were messing about in a skip when we found some springs from an old wooden armchair. We started playfighting with them 'kung fu stylie' when all of a sudden my mates one seem to stop still in mid air.

The hook at the end had gone straight through his nose!!

When he realised what had happened he looked straight into my eyes, smiled, then started ******* himelf crying!

His mother managed to get it out of his nose but it was straight down to the hospital for a tettanus in the ****!

Good times!

6 yard skip even off one of my clients is circa £150 a pop.

As you say Rob, burning £150 to get rid of toot.

Standby your beds for the Mungler mega-sale-a-thon. The boot of my car is full of shooting toot which will be sold in due course.

I have a new rule, if I haven't touched it in 3 years, it goes.

Incidentally, if anyone wants a Harman Kardon Amp, Polk Speakers (top end gear), Keff Speakers, Marantz Amp, Kenwood 5.1 tuner and surround sound speakers (with sub), Boston accoustics monitor speakers then PM me. Other toot includes lamps (Tracer Atom, Car lamps, filters etc), XL shooting gear [plenty, all top end], range finder, couple of scopes, chokes for Beretta 12g and 20g, cammo gear of all sorts then PM me for first dibs.

If it means it dont go in the skip and is all free i will have it to help you out.... :lol:

I am sure a passing vicar would have picked him up and trousered him (into the boot of his Ford KA) and got good use out of him.

Yes, he's probably hanging in the knave of Saint Fergus the Webtoed's Church in darkest Suffolk, trying to do the "Pull" Magazine crossword by the light of a guttering offertory candle :lol::good::good::lol: :yp:

Mock Not Lest Ye Be Mocked

this months' is a bit tricky

:good::lol: :yp:

What are you stuck on then Glasshopper? :lol:

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of Chard, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Praise be to Him"

Ace, King, Queen, Knife, Fork, Spoon :good:

Edited by Chard

:good::lol: :yp:

"But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of Chard, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Praise be to Him"

Will give it another few visits :lol: :lol:

then consult the Oracle of the North

:lol: :yp: :lol:

Praise be to Him"

Will give it another few visits :lol::lol:

then consult the Oracle of the North

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. :good:

“ The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. â€