shooting with strangers !!!!!!!!

shawn9914

hi all

i am taking 2 people from this forum shooting with me tomorrow marco and ochre never met these guys before but they sound like really great chaps and i am sure we will have a good day out :unsure:

have any of you been / taken fellow shooters on your permision with you off this forum

cheers shawn

me and LB have had a few days clay missing together, and once ventured out onto one of my permissions. nothing in the bag, but was a nice walk with a great guy :unsure:

hopefully will meet up with digger soon,

and eventually when i get this FT club on its feet a few others.

I replied to a request posted on here to put some guy in touch with a goose guide in my area.It was late November(or maybe early Dec) and a lot of the geese were either on the estuary or departed south,and no one would take them so I said(foolishly)I might be able to help out.They wanted to go wildfowling on friday eve,decoying sat morn and rough shooting sat aft.I said I could do everything but the rough shoot,but if they liked I could take them ferreting,all I needed was some fuel money and a bottle for the farmer.Needless to say it went Pete Tong from the outset,they arrived late so we arrived at the estuary 30 min before dark and heard loads but they saw us getting into position and never came near.Next morn was windless and misty and I`d seen 150 greys feeding in stubbles near the edge of the village(not on my permiss)and when they left the roost they flew straight to it,not a hope!Then after brekky the rabbits refused to bolt.Normally on this ground they fly out the holes,but they wouldn`t budge.I hadn`t touched this place and was expecting 40 or so rabbits to 4 guns and we only got 12-15.You just can`t allow for bad luck so if it starts up my advice GO HOME AND FORGET IT :unsure:

Funny you should start this topic i have just spent the day (tuesday) shooting with Aubs.

We have never met before I thought we had a good day not to many birds about.

Mind you he might think otherwise but one thing he's got a great springer spaniel couldnt stop its tail wagging if you tried.

I would have nicked it given half a chance but it would not leave his side.

:lol::lol: B) :( B) :lol:

Well chaps is a while that I wasn't writing on the site but today is worth it.

We were (myself and Ocre) invited by Shawn9914 for a day out on his land for a day shooting, we arrived there at 9.00am with the hope of a good day of shooting we met with Shawn that after the usual presentation (first time that we met Shawn) we started to look for pigeons, first field not much, second field not enough at that point the hope start to go on the low and Shawn was starting to say that sometimes there is not many birds.third field,some pigeons taking off about 7-10 at that point we set up in one corner of the field and Shawn told us that normally birds will arrive in the afternoon. Ok everything its ready 10.00am first pigeon its coming in after 15 min. we had 5 from there on it was paradise 2-3 birds every 5 min. unbelivable barrels were red hot cartdriges were getting low, at 16.00pm we had nearly 100 pigeons,

WHAT A GREAT DAY thanks to Shawn9914

PS

If Ocre or Shawn will say the number of cartdriges that I've shot don't trust them it was 185 not 200......... :( B) :lol: It's better if I go for a bit of practice

Thanks Shawn and Ochre for the great day

I had a fantastic day with Marco (who did miss a lot) and Shawn at Shawn's kind invitation. Together we shot about 100 pigeons and could have kept going until dusk; they just kep on coming - it was great to experience everything working to plan for a change.

Although Shawn would probably prefer I didn't publish this moment of kindness, I will. Mid-afternoon when the sun was very very hot and we had run out of water for my dog and ourselves Shawn arrived in his landy and offered to nip home and replenish our supply. On his return he opened the window of his landy and out pops 2 rainbow coloured ice lollies, yes ice lollies on a rape stubble field!! NOW THAT TAKES SOME BEATING.

A great day enjoyed by all. Thanks, Shawn.

richard

i am glad you enjoyed it just hope you left some pigeons for me for next week :(

i will keep in touch and we must go again soon, one of the farmers called me last night to let me know they are starting to harvest the wheat so i will let you know and you are most welcome to come over again B)

cheers shawn

Well done to Shawn, what a generous thing to do!

Also nice to see that the good Maj Coates' advice was not lost on the shooters;

"Time spent on reconnaisance is seldom wasted".

Well done all round!

Regards,

Pete

PS Edit due to mis spelling Shawn, sorry fella!

Edited by PeteBrady

I have taken a couple of forum members out for a days pigeon shooting always good to meet like minded people

cheers KW

B) I bet they remembered to bring their trousers as well ! :lol:

Another link to the infamous Yorkshire Bash that BTMS reminded those of us that were lucky enough to attend last year. :(

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...=yorkshire+bash

I shot at Sam F's Snipe and Woodcock day last year and have booked a day for myself and a friend on his pheasant day this season.

LB has also been out this way to have a look into some Crayfish trapping - trouble is, true to form the week he turned up every crayfish in Dagenham decided to do a bunk! :(

P