Shotgun security - landrover series 2a

gameshooter09

I have the same with the defender..Easy really...I dont leave the gun in it unattended..If i need fuel i get it before i go out shooting or use one of Tesco pay at pump things ...

Thats the long and short of it , Dont leave your gun unattended EVER ! ,

The answer to need ing a poo , "You should have gone before you came out" (sorry couldnt resist that)

Best contact your FLO for advice , ours say if you ever have to leave your gun unattended take the forestock with you or disable it some other way

Wabbit

Hello,

just wondering how the law states for carrying shotguns in a insecure landrover soft top (no door locks).

As people tell me that I cannot transport them if they are not secure and hidden?

Thanks

Use a Firearm Security Cable attatched, with a padlock, to a secure point in your Landy. All the police ask of you is that you make the best possible attempt to secure your gun while it is left in your vehicle. Obviously this will not meet all requirements and you would be unwise to leave your firearm unattended overnight etc. But securely fastened to the chassis is better than nothing.

http://firearmsecuritycable.com/page8.html

These are what I use for guns left in my Jimny during lunch etc.

ft

My FAO said that they take a VERY dim view of guns taken from cars.

His advice was i) Don't ever leave your gun unattended and/or; ii) take a small sports holdall, pop the stock/fore end into that and carry it with you if you need to leave the car for any reason.

He reckons just taking the fore-end is not enough as the gun can still be cocked without it. Onviously the barrels are not much use on their own.

A little extreme in my view but you can see his point. The law is very clear on this point, it is YOU who are responsible to prevent unauthorised access to the gun. So all the advice in the world will not protect you if your gun is taken.

Edited by FinFerNan