Re: Hodnet Victory Shoot

Nicky T

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've shot this event many times over the years, it's my favourite ground for Sporting. :good::good:

One thing's for sure, IF the weather is kind to you, and IF the daylight holds, you'll have a superb day, with plenty of missed targets to winge and whine about on the long journey back up the M6 to your mud huts. :good:

Enjoy it guys, you'll not shoot better targets anywhere in England, Hodnet sets the benchmark. :yes:

Cat.

Victory Shoot

My grand idea of waiting till the last moment, checking that I hadn't died, got swine flu, avian flu, Asian flu, Spanish flu or even worse MAN flu all went out of the window a couple of weeks ago :good:

My bottle went when I realised that I might not get in so I raided the children's medicine fund (I'll just give them a spoonful of mixed fruit jam, always cured me when I was ill), sent the cheque off and nipped out and bought a 250 box of Victory Challengers so I guess that, weather permitting, Mr Potter and boy (Son Of Potter)will be there.

You'll recognise the boy, he'll be the one sneezing with mixed fruit jam smeared round his mouth :good::yes:

Anyhoo, to Pigeon Watchers everywere, A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year :good:

Mr Potter

Victory Shoot

My grand idea of waiting till the last moment, checking that I hadn't died, got swine flu, avian flu, Asian flu, Spanish flu or even worse MAN flu all went out of the window a couple of weeks ago :good:

My bottle went when I realised that I might not get in so I raided the children's medicine fund (I'll just give them a spoonful of mixed fruit jam, always cured me when I was ill), sent the cheque off and nipped out and bought a 250 box of Victory Challengers so I guess that, weather permitting, Mr Potter and boy (Son Of Potter)will be there.

You'll recognise the boy, he'll be the one sneezing with mixed fruit jam smeared round his mouth :yes::P

Anyhoo, to Pigeon Watchers everywere, A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year :good:

Mr Potter

You're a heartless man Mr P. All self, self, self.

I hope Son of Potter shoots OK with his Strawberry Jam inhaler :good:

No, I've been on my deathbed all day today, I just got up :good:

On the mend now and starting my training routine for Hodnet.

I'm doing a couple of half-marathons this evening and then cycling up Snowdon before midnight :good:

looking out my window tonight you will struggle to walk up snowdon never mind cycle. :good:

bet some get rescued off it in the next few days though. :yes:

looking out my window tonight you will struggle to walk up snowdon never mind cycle. :good:

bet some get rescued off it in the next few days though. :good:

Has the snow caught up with you then, B?

A couple of my eldest lads mates do that Mountain Rescue stuff, one's in Scotland and I think the other is in Wales now :yes:

Should keep 'em busy :good:

He's only saying that, so he can get his excuses in when I beat him!! ???

We know you'll thrash him :good:

Have you heard what he calls you when you beat him? :good::yes::P:P

I didn't know language like that existed, as I've had a sheltered upbringing, no mixed fruit jam for me :good:

Welcome to PW by the way, chap :yay:

bet some get rescued off it in the next few days though. :good:

There's two ***** from Warrington been rescued off Snowdon tonight, just been on the news. They were wearing track suits and trainers :good:

You're a heartless man Mr P. All self, self, self.

I hope Son of Potter shoots OK with his Strawberry Jam inhaler :P

Chard,

Have you been speaking to my missus, 'cos thats what she says nearly every single day, well to be honest I think that's what she says - I stopped taking any notice in 1979 and stopped actually listening about 1989.

Re: the boy, I've been to the solicitors and drawn up the papers to disown him if he doesn't perform at Hodnet :good::good:

The last time we were there, earlier this year, he shot a 93 x 100 and the shoot was won with about 3 shooters tied on 94. He has always shot quite well there (Hodnet) but after his demoralising effort in France he might come in with a 53 :good::yes:

Mr Potter aka Son Of Potter's Dad.

PS Son Of Potter aka the boy isn't really a sniveling kid, his mother tells me he's nearly 30 (which frankly I find hard to believe)

Re: the boy, I've been to the solicitors and drawn up the papers to disown him if he doesn't perform at Hodnet :good::good:

The last time we were there, earlier this year, he shot a 93 x 100 and the shoot was won with about 3 shooters tied on 94. He has always shot quite well there (Hodnet) but after his demoralising effort in France he might come in with a 53 :yes::P

93? :P That's positively indecent ???

We don't want any of that kind of behaviour :good:

We have standards, you know :yay: