Inglorious Basterds

SSS

I thought it was cack. But each to their own.

I never liked it either it had too many wartime inaccuracies for me.For a film of that budget with a director of that stature there is no excuses for getting the facts and casting right is there?

In the scene in the farmhouse in 1941, (not winter) Hans Landa is wearing an Eastern Front Medal - the red white and black ribbon bar through the second from the top tunic button hole - that was instituted on May 26, 1942 and needed 14 days active service from November 1941 onwards. He is also wearing a tunic with insignis of the 29th SS divison-This unit never set foot in France.

In several scenes Pvt. Zoller is seen wearing shoulder patches with the letters GD, which was used by members of the Grossdeutschland Division. This division was deployed on the Eastern Front since 1941, yet in the "Nation's Pride" movie Zoller is fighting Americans. That would be impossible if he was in the GD-division.

Even at the cinema premier they still get it wrong, Pvt. Zoller is in his full dress uniform with all his decorations. He wears the Knight's Cross with oak leaves, swords, and cut diamonds around his neck and the Iron Cross 2nd class on his chest. However, conspicuously absent is the Iron Cross 1st class, which he certainly would've worn to the occasion and which is necessary to receive the Knight's Cross. Without the 1st class award, he could not have received a Knight's Cross let alone with oak leaves, swords, and cut diamonds.

They don't get it right even with their own countrymen either- Lt Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) is wearing the 1st Special Service Force unit insignia, yet later he is referred to as a "Secret Service" officer. Raine could be called a "Special Service" or a "Strategic Service" (OSS) officer, but not "Secret Service", which is the organization founded in 1865 responsible for guarding the US President since 1894.

As I said it was total cack. If they had got the facts right I would have enjoyed it.

I thought it was watchable, but certainly not great. I like Brad Pitt, but I thought his acting in it was poor :yes:

I'd watch it again B)

Highlight for me was soundtrack, especially "Putting Out the Fire With Gasoline" by David Bowie while the chick was doing her makeup in the mirror. Oh yes :P

I never liked it either it had too many wartime inaccuracies for me.For a film of that budget with a director of that stature there is no excuses for getting the facts and casting right is there?

In the scene in the farmhouse in 1941, (not winter) Hans Landa is wearing an Eastern Front Medal - the red white and black ribbon bar through the second from the top tunic button hole - that was instituted on May 26, 1942 and needed 14 days active service from November 1941 onwards. He is also wearing a tunic with insignis of the 29th SS divison-This unit never set foot in France.

In several scenes Pvt. Zoller is seen wearing shoulder patches with the letters GD, which was used by members of the Grossdeutschland Division. This division was deployed on the Eastern Front since 1941, yet in the "Nation's Pride" movie Zoller is fighting Americans. That would be impossible if he was in the GD-division.

Even at the cinema premier they still get it wrong, Pvt. Zoller is in his full dress uniform with all his decorations. He wears the Knight's Cross with oak leaves, swords, and cut diamonds around his neck and the Iron Cross 2nd class on his chest. However, conspicuously absent is the Iron Cross 1st class, which he certainly would've worn to the occasion and which is necessary to receive the Knight's Cross. Without the 1st class award, he could not have received a Knight's Cross let alone with oak leaves, swords, and cut diamonds.

They don't get it right even with their own countrymen either- Lt Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) is wearing the 1st Special Service Force unit insignia, yet later he is referred to as a "Secret Service" officer. Raine could be called a "Special Service" or a "Strategic Service" (OSS) officer, but not "Secret Service", which is the organization founded in 1865 responsible for guarding the US President since 1894.

As I said it was total cack. If they had got the facts right I would have enjoyed it.

:oops: :blink:

Perhaps if you had grasped the fact that it was simply a movie and entertainment rather than an episode of the world at war on the discovery channel you WOULD have enjoyed it, for lords sake it was a spoof **** take, or did hitler actually die in a fire in a small cinema in Paris? tarantino at his best.

KW

Perhaps if you had grasped the fact that it was simply a movie and entertainment rather than an episode of the world at war on the discovery channel you WOULD have enjoyed it, for lords sake it was a spoof **** take, or did hitler actually die in a fire in a small cinema in Paris? tarantino at his best.

KW

:blink: :oops:

KW

Tongue in cheek perhaps? I think the joke was in the last line.