How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

A very wet Copfurn this morning. Mung, Bagsy and I. We saw PhilSIDC there with his mates too.

No queues at Copfurn but none of us shot that well. Didnt keep a note of the scores, they were that bad.

Loads of roads flooded on the way home and a couple were closed.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a cracking start at Kingsley today: only 3 birds down after 4 stands then shot like a Southerner for the rest of the round finishing in the mid sixties :angry: Nice to see the Magmen there though although it was only briefly!

Called in at Catton on the way home and sadly things didn't improve but at least I got to catch up with Mr P, Ian E, Yellow Bear and Beretta and got to meet Whiskeymac too so was far from a wasted journey :good:

A very wet Copfurn this morning. Mung, Bagsy and I. We saw PhilSIDC there with his mates too.

No queues at Copfurn but none of us shot that well. Didnt keep a note of the scores, they were that bad.

Blimey,

You really are daft.

My club shoot cancelled due to the weather. Although I didn't find out until we got there.

Enjoyed myself today at Catton with Beretta and co. Seemed to shoot the first 50 much better than the second 50, ended up with 56 (claiming the extra 1 the scorer missed......don't care if it only had one pellet through it :lol:). More concentration needed but good fun. :good: . Brian thought his own shooting was average I think, but he still ended up with 30 odd more than me. :yes::yes:

Nice to bump into Nicky T and then Mr Potter.

Oh and good shooting magboy/magman. :angry:

Shot Kingsley today as Nicky said with the lad .

Magboy finished on a 52 :good:

I dropped birds badly on 3 stands to finish on a 78 and was winning my class when we left :angry:

Catch you next time for a chat Nick :lol:

Good shooting Magmen; nice scores for both of you :yes:

We'll definitely have a proper chat next time Rob :yes:

Well I left Catton Hall at about 2:30 and beretta was still leading outright with his 85 and I was leading A class with 80. To be fair these scores don't sound too good but there are two factors to bear in mind.

Firstly, it wasn't an easy shoot, I thought the targets were quite deceptive (might be deluding myself though, they might have been really easy and we were just **** :angry::good: ) the two guys I was shooting with are usually in the mid to high eighties and they were both 8 to 10 birds lower than that.

Second thing is none of us so called numpties want to peak too soon :yes: we are saving the best for May 29th :lol::yes:

We'll wait for the Catton website to put the results up (that might be tomorrow or 3 weeks!!!) and see if those scores can be converted into real money, well the whippets do need feeding you know :hmm:?????????

Mr Potter

very lacklustre performance today at catton but it is winter ???:yes:

one good thing is whiskymack is on a charge up the scale. :angry::good::yes: watch out you mancs :hmm:

??? Thought i was your jinx :P

whiskymac Posted Today, 04:32 PM

Enjoyed myself today at Catton with Beretta and co. Seemed to shoot the first 50 much better than the second 50, ended up with 56 (claiming the extra 1 the scorer missed......don't care if it only had one pellet through it ). More concentration needed but good fun. . Brian thought his own shooting was average I think, but he still ended up with 30 odd more than me.

Nice to bump into Nicky T and then Mr Potter.

Oh and good shooting magboy/magman.

Well shot mate did you shoot the woods last :hmm: can be be some tricky birds in there ???

Well done Mr P :lol: oh gone on then Well done Beretta :P

....and what an enjoyable morning it was too. I was even back in time to give the gun it's annual deep clean, polish and loving strokes :P

Fair weather shooter eh....... :good:

....and what an enjoyable morning it was too. I was even back in time to give the gun it's annual deep clean, polish and loving strokes :hmm:

Fair weather shooter eh....... :good:

Bagsy,

I suggest that we trade our guns - your expensive Beretta :P - and my cheap Beretta :lol: and get an F3 between us - you are in charge of cleaning it though :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ME

Blimey,

You really are daft.

My club shoot cancelled due to the weather. Although I didn't find out until we got there.

I wondered why I saw some regulars from your shoot at Copfurn. :good: (Russell and his missus?)

Northern peeps with Agoraphobia :lol:

I shot JJ's today in the wind and rain :lol: I think I got a 67 out of 80something :D should have been more but with the weather.

Will be interesting to see some other scores from there, I think everyone was struglling in the wind.

That is the last time I shoot in rain and wind :hmm: I was shivering me timbers :lol:

A good little ground for practicing on though, lots of going away though :good: Some of it will still be going so watch your heads over milton keynes.

Very freindly to :lol:

The rabbits there have kevlar jackets :P I watched about five people hit it sqaure on and it just kept on rolling :lol:

Another ground to strike off the list.

Came 2nd in B class 4th overall :D

Edited by Anni

Anni,

I heard a rumour that you might have been down, you should have got my mobile number off Chard. I dont like Gayjays but might have made an exception if I knew that you were about :good:

See you soon geezer

ME :P

You only missed a soaking at JJ's, so not to worry. Next time I,ll give you a bell and you can have the pleasure of my amazing personalty for an hour or two (Northern clay bashers have just soaked keyboards with tea and coffee).

It's a good little ground for knocking about on :hmm: Allthough next time I'll take an interpreter :good: don't think they had a clue what I was saying :P

See you at Hodnet anyway :lol: