How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesssssssssssssssssssss More Money YUMYUM! Just Banked a cheque from Conniston and now more Spondoolicks Yessssssssssssssssssss.

Must apologise for this post but it Softens the Pain that was Catton Hall :good:

Edited by Anni

As it was the Kent championship sporting today at Dartford, i thought i'd give it a go - being the only registered sporting shoot i've seen in Kent - wish i hadn't bothered. Ridiculously hard setup in my view. Only managed a 52/100. I started this shooting lark there just under 2 years ago and that is almost the lowest score i've put in at Dartford. The score board showed a number of A and AA shooters putting in scores in the 60's.

As a Skeet comp was also on, it seemed rude not to enter that as well - as you do

Pathetic 91 - 21, 23, 23 ,24. Just wish i could manage to get a decent first round in for a change.

Had a look at Trotsky country today :P

Shot the registered selection shoot thingey at Spennymoor :hmm:

Nice ground and a good shoot. Nothing stupid, but quite testing.

Good to see Trotsky who shot a fairly decent 82 :good: He won't be pleased with it, because he's a AA Class superhero :P

Our scores on the doors :

NickyT - 76 Good stuff chap :good:

Chard - 76 Innit :hmm:

Timps - 74 Good recovery from a **** start :good:

Anni - 60 :hmm: Eye dominance problems rearing their head again, I reckon

Me and NickyT were joint 2nd in B Class when we left, not sure whether that'll last

Timps was 4th

I believe Aunty was there but we didn't see her.

Very good turnout, a well-supported shoot :good:

Edited by Chard

I nearly went and sat in the car to watch the rest of old school after that first stand, I dropped 6 :-(.

It's not the first time I have blown the first 2 stands and made some sort of come back I need to get my head into gear at the start.

I really did enjoy the course though. :hmm:

Just to echo Chard's comments about Spennymoor; what a pleasant ground to shoot at, good cuppa that wouldn't upset even the frailest of stomachs :good: and cracking targets on all 12 stands with very few gimmes :good:

We definitely got lucky with the weather as the heavens opened whilst we were residing in the clubhouse after the round :hmm:

Definitely a very well attended shoot and looking like things are on the up for ground t'up north with the jungle drums indicating that Manchester Clay Shooting Club have applied to become a registered ground again :hmm:

Yes Spennymoor is a nice Ground and they put on a nice course today Defo not an easy one but everything Hittable........ :good:

I'm Absolutely ******* ******* off though with today, A ******* complete wate of time and Money and I have to say I didn't enjoy it at all :hmm:

On no part Spennymoors or The targets fault...Nothing there that scared me in the slightest.

Probably the first time I have ever had thoughts of giving this game up............... :good: Another one of them and I rekon I will :hmm:

Well shot thought To Nicky,Chard and Timps. Great recovery from Timps after the first two stands. :good:

I even called my beloved Beretta a303 a ******* bitch :hmm: I think were going to fall out soon :good:

Good to see you chaps oop North today and well shot :good:

I wasn't happy with my score today as a much better one was there for the taking. I shot most stands well but had a couple of dismal ones which knackered it in. I enjoyed the shoot though, and thought the mix of targets was spot on :hmm: It's a shame they do not hold them more often as any shoot in the North is pretty much guaranteed to be packed out. Unfortunately though, they are quite aware that they can make their money much more easily via registered DTL which require a 3rd of the refs and very little setting up. :hmm:

Had a look at Trotsky country today :P

Shot the registered selection shoot thingey at Spennymoor :P

Nice ground and a good shoot. Nothing stupid, but quite testing.

Good to see Trotsky who shot a fairly decent 82 :good: He won't be pleased with it, because he's a AA Class superhero :P

Our scores on the doors :

NickyT - 76 Good stuff chap :P

Chard - 76 Innit :hmm:

Anni - 60 :hmm: Eye dominance problems rearing their head again, I reckon

Me and NickyT were joint 2nd in B Class when we left, not sure whether that'll last

Timps was 4th

I believe Aunty was there but we didn't see her.

Very good turnout, a well-supported shoot :good:

Well shot one and all, well except Anni and there's got to be something seriously wrong there, is this the same Anni who did an 89 at Kegworth a month or two ago? Chard is hinting at master eye problems and if that is changing you will struggle. Time to try one of those blocking spots on your shooting glasses well that or the good old both eyes shut technique as used by myself last Sunday :hmm::good::good::good::hmm:

Feel a bit of a wimp cos I didn't fancy the near 300 mile round trip to Spennymoor so I went to Shugborough which is only about half that distance. Shot the bottom half quite well but the top half was my downfall, finished on an 80 which would have been nowhere near good enough. Shot round by myself (Billy No Mates) but probably met and chatted to people I knew on virtually every stand. Spoke to Claybuster who said he hadn't shot well and also met Ron's (ex Jim) one armed mate who said Ron/Jim wasn't there as he had fallen off a ladder :no::no::no::no:

Well next week it's Kingsly Moor as it's the Cheshire Sporting Championship and the Sunday after (15th) there is another NoE selection shoot at NoE Clay Target Centre (it was bloody tough last year) so hopefully I'll meet up with the Manc mafia at one or both of those.

Mr Potter

Well shot one and all, well except Anni and there's got to be something seriously wrong there, is this the same Anni who did an 89 at Kegworth a month or two ago? Chard is hinting at master eye problems and if that is changing you will struggle. Time to try one of those blocking spots on your shooting glasses well that or the good old both eyes shut technique as used by myself last Sunday :good::hmm::hmm::good::good:

Feel a bit of a wimp cos I didn't fancy the near 300 mile round trip to Spennymoor so I went to Shugborough which is only about half that distance. Shot the bottom half quite well but the top half was my downfall, finished on an 80 which would have been nowhere near good enough. Shot round by myself (Billy No Mates) but probably met and chatted to people I knew on virtually every stand. Spoke to Claybuster who said he hadn't shot well and also met Ron's (ex Jim) one armed mate who said Ron/Jim wasn't there as he had fallen off a ladder :P:P:good::good:

Well next week it's Kingsly Moor as it's the Cheshire Sporting Championship and the Sunday after (15th) there is another NoE selection shoot at NoE Clay Target Centre (it was bloody tough last year) so hopefully I'll meet up with the Manc mafia at one or both of those.

Mr Potter

Well shot Mr P. I expect we'll be at both of those. We were talking about the NOECTC one today :good:

Saw Mark today at Spennymoor, by the way. He got a very creditable 89 I think. He was about 5th overall when we left. :hmm: