How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal best today of 40 out of 50, only a friendly little local shoot but still my best nonetheless. A week after my lesson as well so thinking money well spent. :)

Where was (is) your local 50 birder whiskymac? I'm in Warrington which used to be in Lancashire until Cheshire kidnapped it in the 70's :):yes::yes: so I can't be that far from you unless you're North of Lancaster

The way shoots are closing down around this neck of the woods and the cost of diesel on the up again I'll probably see you there soon. :yes:

Mr Potter

Where was (is) your local 50 birder whiskymac? I'm in Warrington which used to be in Lancashire until Cheshire kidnapped it in the 70's :):yes::) so I can't be that far from you unless you're North of Lancaster

The way shoots are closing down around this neck of the woods and the cost of diesel on the up again I'll probably see you there soon. :yes:

Mr Potter

Sent you a PM mate.

Went to 3 Acres with MC and Markio.

Not a bad little ground but the birds were a bit 'samey'. Some of the stands were so similar that at one point we'd been waiting to shoot for 10 minutes before we realised that we had in fact already shot it 15 mins earlier!! :P Loads of crossers with the odd teal and rabbit thrown in.

Well i started like a train and by the half way point i was only 15 birds down ??? then disaster, as my trusty Wobley & Snott let me down badly. Two jams on the same stand :angry: Luckily i had my cleaning kit with me, and a quick strip down and clean and she was like a new thing :yes: Second half of the course and the gun performed flawlessly and i only dropped another 21 to finish on a mighty 44/80 :good:

Then after a spot of lunch at a local eaterie we went off to do a spot of roost shooting, but the less said about that the better ???

All in all a cracking day and some good laughs were had by all. :yes:

I shot Caterham today. I was terrible. I dont know whats happened lately. Not saying my shooting is fantastic or anything, but over the years I mostly avarage 70-75 or so. Lately I can do quite well, or total rubbish. Today was the latter! I really didnt enjoy it mind you, the targets were great but the queues were far too long, wish I'd gone to Horne instead ???

Yep that is about right,

5 stands with very similar birds was not very inspiring. Too many 5's on my card which led to a 61/80 which is about average but it certainly should have been more.

A good rabbit and looper stand though as it was my only straight stand and I enjoyed it.

I shot Caterham today. I was terrible. I dont know whats happened lately. Not saying my shooting is fantastic or anything, but over the years I mostly avarage 70-75 or so. Lately I can do quite well, or total rubbish. Today was the latter! I really didnt enjoy it mind you, the targets were great but the queues were far too long, wish I'd gone to Horne instead :lol:

yeah, caterham was much busier for some reason..... lots of waiting