How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

I asked at Catton about the day ticket and the cluman membership (shoot at only one nominated ground) which would seem an ideal solution. He definately thought that an individual can only use the day ticket once and have to join up if you try a 2nd time but he seemed 100% certain that these (non CPSA members) wouldn't put their hands in their pockets for any reason.

Mr P

Sounds to me as though he hasn't understood that right :good:

I find it hard to believe that people won't pay £3 extra. They'll whinge and bleat about it, but all he's got to do is raise the birds-only price. It would be £30 to enter the comp and £28 for birds-only, including the CPSA day ticket. I refuse to believe that all the non-members would vote with their feet. :good: There would be a couple of tightwads who would go, but not a lot, I don't think.

Still seems a bit dramatic to deregister the last CPSA ground in the NW over it though. Bunch of drama queens.

Entry was down yesterday I reckon, but hard to say whether it was because of deregistering or the weather. I suspect the weather, as they always had some rear entry comps at Catton, alternated with registered comps and they are normally quite well supported.

Edited by Chard

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out twice over the weekend - got 27/35 (happy with that) and 22/50 at the second. Not so happy with that, but it was a new shoot (tricky) and there were lots of doubles, which I'm not used to (I have been known to shoot the same clay twice!) One stand I hit 10/10, one stand I hit 0/10 - next time I'm sticking to just that first stand! :good: Also, the cartridges were Kent Velocity, and they seem to recoil more than other 12gauge 28s for me... The shoot owner said that any score over 20 is thought to be pretty good there, but he might just have been trying to persuade me to come again! Anyway, great fun :good:

Giles

I wondered that too. The chap at Catton kept emphasising that he wasn't going to turn away the 50 or so non CPSA members who turned up wanting to shoot the registered comps, but he made no mention of charging them the £3 :good:

I still think it's a bit scary that the CPSA don't want to see that if they keep deregistering every ground in the country, things are going to start getting a bit thin :good::lol::lol:

It seems to me that the ground owner wants to have his cake and eat it too, i.e. he wants to attract those shooters who only shoot Registered comps, but also the "straw bale" refugees who want a crack at something a tad tougher now and again..??

Kibbo GC run a shoot on those lines, they sell their members a card for a 50 or 60 bird shoot that's run over the same stands as the Registered event, it's probably outside of the CPSA rules, but that's what they do, and nobody really seems to mind.

I've shot Catton Hall a few times many years back, when it was still possible to do two or three Registered events in a day. We wouldn't have gone there for an ordinary 75 or even 100 bird re-entry event, as these events are usually won by a local who buys 2 or 3 cards, not necessarily by the most talented shooter on the day, we didn't have the time or the inclination for that.

It's a pity if grounds stop running Registered shoots, they will lose out over it, as a lot of guys on the "circuit" are not interested in re-entry events and they will not bother going.

Cat.

It seems to me that the ground owner wants to have his cake and eat it too, i.e. he wants to attract those shooters who only shoot Registered comps, but also the "straw bale" refugees who want a crack at something a tad tougher now and again..??

Kibbo GC run a shoot on those lines, they sell their members a card for a 50 or 60 bird shoot that's run over the same stands as the Registered event, it's probably outside of the CPSA rules, but that's what they do, and nobody really seems to mind.

I've shot Catton Hall a few times many years back, when it was still possible to do two or three Registered events in a day. We wouldn't have gone there for an ordinary 75 or even 100 bird re-entry event, as these events are usually won by a local who buys 2 or 3 cards, not necessarily by the most talented shooter on the day, we didn't have the time or the inclination for that.

It's a pity if grounds stop running Registered shoots, they will lose out over it, as a lot of guys on the "circuit" are not interested in re-entry events and they will not bother going.

Cat.

True enough but the shooters who aren't interested in the "CIRCUIT" may go there and buy 2 or 3 cards and there is a lot more of them than there is who only shoot registered.

I can't believe how **** we all shot Catton :yes:

The winning scores are on their website now. High Gun 97, AA Class 93, A Class 89, B Class 85 ^_^ :o :o :o

We're just **** :yes: . Just because we copped for a bit of rain :good:

damm i would of got a second in C Class, that will teach me to shoot birds only !

69 was the winning c class score btw, i got 68

I can't believe how **** we all shot Catton :yes:

The winning scores are on their website now. High Gun 97, AA Class 93, A Class 89, B Class 85 ^_^ :o :o :o

We're just **** :yes: . Just because we copped for a bit of rain :good:

:o :o OOOOOHHHH The shame of it, Looks like you all missed me :P:P:P

OK, so why can't the non CPSA members cough up the £3 or whatever for the day pass..?? :good:

The rules are quite clear, Registered shoots are for CPSA members only, anybody else is more than welcome to shoot, but they have to buy a day pass, there's nowt wrong with that, or am I missing the point here..??

Cat.

Cat - I repeat for the elite only apart from taking your money - an extra £3 or £60 a year for what if you are not elite. This is a genuine question - what do CPSA do for the run of the mill shot who is not interested in competitions or will never be good enough (for whatever reason) to crawl out of the lower classes.

D

Edited by Yellow Bear

Cat - I repeat for the elite only apart from taking your money

D

Are we talking in riddles here.........I don't understand your point...and why the massive font??

I'm certainly not "elite", nor's Chard or Nickyt or even Mr Potter, we're all CPSA members who enjoy clay shooting and want to compare our achievments alongside others, what's so wrong with that..??

If CPSA non-members want to shoot at Registered shoots, that's fine, but let them stump up a day pass fee, again, where's the problem with that..??

Cat.

I'm certainly not "elite", nor's Chard or Nickyt or even Mr Potter, we're all CPSA members who enjoy clay shooting and want to compare our achievments alongside others, what's so wrong with that..??

If CPSA non-members want to shoot at Registered shoots, that's fine, but let them stump up a day pass fee, again, where's the problem with that..??

Cat.

Nothing wrong with it at all in my book :)

All those £3's must add up though, so if you were a non-CPSA member who continually found yourself having to pay for a day pass, at what point would you decide to take the plunge and join up? :yes:

That Mr Potter's a bit elitist :good:

Allegedly, he's got tweed y-fronts with a CPSA badge embroidered on the back :o and "do ya wanna see a pair?" on the front :huh:

I think you need new glasses Chard me old chutney, that thing on me ***** reads CP)o(SA which as you can probably guess is something I don't like talking about. :oops::oops::no::no:

Mr Poooooooooooootter