Right then

pavman

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axe the best tip I can give to help you through slimming world is try to make all the stew, cottage pie etc dishes that you always have (at least I assume you have) but substitute the potato topping for swede. I like to grate a little bit of cheese on the top too to take the sweetness away a bit.

The cathedral city reduced fat cheese isn't too bad. It's by no means like a good mature full fat cheddar but it isn't far behind. It's by far the best we've tried.

The only problem I have with this diet is it costs me a lot of money. I find myself eating 16oz steaks most days and as I don't buy cheap meat it really adds up! I'd say my average day would work out about like this...

Pack of lean bacon, three eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and a slice of toast for breakfast.

Large donner for lunch (- the pitta).

16oz rump with loads of salad for dinner.

small bowl of alpen or similar before I go to bed.

That's my day done and I'm rarely hungry. I don't do hot drinks so don't need sugar.

I think i may be one of the few people who lost weight over christmas as the take aways and shops were shut! I am lucky and have a quick metabolism but i do eat alot of suposedly bad for you food.... 5 or so chineses a week etc... From watching family try diets etc the best tips would be:

Drink plenty of water. if you feel hungry have a big drink of water and wait 20 mins before you eat.

DO NOT starve yourself

Dont look at it as a diet! its all psychological!

Eat smaller portions and chew your food more.

Avoid things like bread... that seems to make my dad pile on the lbs!

try to be happy, lots of people eat cos they feel sad; and they feel sad cos they think they need to diet!

Anyone know of a diet that still lets you drink Guinness?

Eat dinner, Drink 6 pints of guinness, eat a kebab, drink another 7 pints of guinness, vomit up all 13 pints of guinness, dinner, and kebab, repeat, and watch the pounds melt away. (from your wallet at least)

Major One - Currently weighing heavy at 14 stone 3lbs - most ever, told ideal weight is nearer 12 stone, plus on the tropical beaches of Far East in 8 weeks today so need a small miracle to pull it off in a pair of speedos so to speak :lol:

It started 1am this morning after last session at pub. salads, soup, no beer for month, no pub for month, no cakes and all the usual treats banned - swimming/spa every night.........lets see how many nights I last like this :good:

I love dieting times........its so exciting... :P

Anyone know of a diet that still lets you drink Guinness?

Guiness has fewer calories than the same volume of semi skimmed milk or orange juice. so my advice, have a pint of guiness in the morning, instead of orange juice

I weigh a fraction over 9 stone.

Which means I need advice from all you fat ******** on how I can put on weight?

I already eat a fair bit of meat and drink lots of milk along with going to the gym regularly...

FM :yes:

I also have that affliction, but closer to 12st, just very tall and lanky, spider monkey like :good:

spider_monkey_with_bendable_tail.jpg

Guiness has fewer calories than the same volume of semi skimmed milk or orange juice. so my advice, have a pint of guiness in the morning, instead of orange juice

I also have that affliction, but closer to 12st, just very tall and lanky, spider monkey like :good:

spider_monkey_with_bendable_tail.jpg

Is it just me or does that monkey really look like Michael Jackson? :yes:

To be honest diets are mostly BS.

Those that have met me will confirm that i'm big, after 20 years of eat this, eat that, this diet, that diet i just chose to eat what i wanted to.

In the last 2.5 years I have lost 10 stone, my cholesterol is lower than my GP's (he lost the bet) I don't eat chocolate, crisps, sugary snacks, canned drinks because i don't like them but rarely eat red meat.

I sit near someone who is probably size 6 or 8 and she NEVER stops eating.

Tips... Whatever you eat, eat slowly then you will be full at the same time as your body. Drink lots of water.

Jon.