Global bl***y warming !!!

DaveB916

So where is alll this global warming, my poor old boiler is working overtime to keep the house warm............lolol

Looks like the snow is here for a while yet.

Oh how my Missus is eating humble pie on the gorunds of, 'NO !! I want a BMW not another Freelander....'........hehehe

So which cars are surviving and which are the 'wealest links' ?

Dave B

my L200 is running a treat, only been stopped so far by the 5ft drifts we had but then they stopped the snow plough as well. BMW drivers are getting on my man breasts though why take your car out when its snowy if all you're going to do is not be able to get up the slightest incline :blink:

my L200 is running a treat, only been stopped so far by the 5ft drifts we had but then they stopped the snow plough as well. BMW drivers are getting on my man breasts though why take your car out when its snowy if all you're going to do is not be able to get up the slightest incline :blink:

my BM has been boxed up for over a fortnight, power coupled with rear wheel drive and big fat tyres dont go well on ice and snow? I am fortunate to have a choice of cars including my beloved 4x4 surf (been used more lately than it ever has and at 1.08 a gall rabbing gets) perhaps those who get under your 40dd tee shirt have no choice other than to try to get out? PS it aint just bm's pulled a couple of front wheel drive clio's up a very modest bank recently

Our heating is also working overtime here too. :good:

Our grand vitara is coping with no problems in this if you stick it in 4wd. Left in 2wd rear wheels driving is entertaining mind.... <_<

My mate has a Navara he called to me to say its rubbish just spins up all the time, you have turned the 4WD on I reply, how was the answer !!!!!.........another call a couple of days the steering is really stiif and if feels like its skipping on roudabouts.........you have turned it off ?....again, how ?, was the reply.

One od the few benefits of a Disco.

:blink:

Dave B

my BM has been boxed up for over a fortnight, power coupled with rear wheel drive and big fat tyres dont go well on ice and snow? I am fortunate to have a choice of cars including my beloved 4x4 surf (been used more lately than it ever has and at 1.08 a gall rabbing gets) perhaps those who get under your 40dd tee shirt have no choice other than to try to get out? PS it aint just bm's pulled a couple of front wheel drive clio's up a very modest bank recently

£1.08 a gallon, where where where ?.........lolol

Dave B

my BM has been boxed up for over a fortnight, power coupled with rear wheel drive and big fat tyres dont go well on ice and snow?

In a recent "Let's see who can get up that hill" test on the way to beating the RWD fat tyred automatic BM came last, not even making more than a few yards up :blink:

You need light thinned tyred motors in this weather it would seem

my MG ZT 180+ (auto) 18" fat tyres, work(ed) great in the snow (the other week) if it ever comes back, my snow chains work a treat, i remember when most people had snow chains for their cars even the old narrow x-ply tyres needed them.

M.

p.s. the MG trophy 160 on the other hand will go back in the garage , as I do not have chains for that one.

had snow here in our vilage for three weeks now and there are 2 mercs that have not moved in all that time there owners do not look soo smug now when i drive by in the rav !!! :blink: amd my mates wifes 330 Bm will not even move of his yard because of the traction control so she is useing his disco now look like he's lost that car till the spring

I have a honda integra that has not moved In two weeks due to wheelspin at the slightest whiff of snow :good:

Now whilst driving to work the other night my jimny`s clutch decided to disintegrate <_<

I`m now driving the wife`s vw polo for a few days whilst the jimny gets sorted :blink:

jase.

Just ventured to Sainsbury's well I knew it would be quiet, so don't mind.......lolol

Took forever to get back pulling cars out of the snow, now the rant, why have manufacturers started to fit these silly screw in tow eyes !!!!! so much more difficult to just pulled a stranded German car a couple of hundred metres.

:blink:

Dave B