comfortable chair?

madsarmy

I need some recommendations for a comfortable chair/stool for hide shooting.

Due to knackered knees it needs to have a reasonable seat height or I will never be able to get off the damn thing in time to shoot the pigeons.

Nothing to heavy, back support would be bonus but not essential.

Thanks.

back problems and knees done in here so i just learnt to shot sitting down and to try and stay within my limits, this means that some bird, even if in range, are just in and area where i cant swing to so i let them go.

I use a fox warrior fishing chair. height adjustable legs and a bag on the chair.

I have seen a few of the older shooters using old office chairs with the roller wheels removed. i like this idea so might be trying it myself.

ATB

Phil

The problem (as highlighted here) is that most seats be they bucket or chair styles are too low and as the man said his knees are knackered. I find the best option when in a hide is to sit on a barrel that puts me in an almost standing position which is perfect, just a slight straightening of the knees and you're in the best position to shoot properly. The probelm is to find a barrel or something similar to suit your height. Barrels are good cause you can then fill them with all your kit.

I have seen a few of the older shooters using old office chairs with the roller wheels removed. i like this idea so might be trying it myself.

This is an excellent way to shoot from a hide and if you can shoot from a sitting position all the better, as the chair will rotate a full 360 degrees :good:

Edited by monkeymagic1969

being in the knackered kneees situation, (one total replacement just done and the other to do if ever the first one settles down?) I find I cant "sit " never have never will, have to stand simple as, tried everything from buckets to carp seats etc nowt works and nowt easy to carry along with all the other gear!!

KW

in ikea for breakfast last week and as usual couldnt find my way out, but noticed some fold up chairs with plastic seat and back rest, in black so picked one up paid 6 quid , wrapped black insulation tape around frame work as a bit bright, nice and light

Gosh, what a lot of knackered knees about - mine included. I too find great difficulty getting off of low seat or bucket so I now use an adjustable shooting stick. Although not in the true seat postion it takes the strain off of the knees and back and reduces body height behind the hide. I find too that somehow my swing is not as constrained as when on a seat or bucket. Also it is quite light and portable.

Edited by Bobba

being in the knackered kneees situation, (one total replacement just done and the other to do if ever the first one settles down?) I find I cant "sit " never have never will, have to stand simple as, tried everything from buckets to carp seats etc nowt works and nowt easy to carry along with all the other gear!!

KW

The trouble i find when in a hide next to you

im sitting down and you are standing and we are both the same height.....( short **** )ONLY JOKING !!!!!! :good::):good:

I got one of these from the gunshop the other day - They are actually a good height and very easy to get up from - Very solidly made and fold up nicely

Can't seem to copy the whole ebay link across - Will look to see if i can get a piccie up.

Edited - I am stupid and can't post a link or a picture - Go into ebay and search "hunting stool" - It's a fold out camo chair

Edited by Fatcatsplat