dog food for working dogs

sixhills 69

I have a Rotty tha thinks its a lab and comes out shooting with me all the time i used to use a company call Oscar pet foods which was a dried food the only problem was the man that owned the franshise and he stole off me since then i have been trying to find a copany that delivers to your home address and supplys a good working dog food please any ideas or contacts i would be greatful for

Thnaks sixhills 69

I work as a hgv driver for a firm called optivite occasionally, may be worth a look. I don't know if they do dog food or not (they do animal feeds) but all the same worth a try.

I just bought a 15kg bag of dry food for mine from the local B&M for £8 if you've got one near you it might be worth a look ( it's for "working/sporting" dogs).

Depends how much you spend on your dog food - as the last poster says there is plenty of stuff out there for £8-10 for 15kg.

I use Burns natural dog food at the moment but they don't deliver. I have previously used a feed called Luaths Working & Sporting formula which is truly excellent. Really healthy food for dogs with no added cr*p.

They do deliver, but the feed isn't cheap.

http://www.landofholisticpets.co.uk/acatal...y_Dog_Food.html

I feed Dr John's Gold medal in the winter and drop to silver medal in the summer. Merlin is in good condition on it and loves it and the best part is it is only £9.49 a bag VAT Free.

You can get it anywhere. It is made by Gilbertson and Page.

I feed Dr John's Gold medal in the winter and drop to silver medal in the summer. Merlin is in good condition on it and loves it and the best part is it is only £9.49 a bag VAT Free.

You can get it anywhere. It is made by Gilbertson and Page.

I know of many keepers, Beaters & picker ups who use Dr Johns, all their dogs look and work well on it <_<

I'm still on Beta Puppy but at around £30 for 15kg its not cheap. Saying that my dog is in great health and people comment on her shiny coat every time I go out with her........

I also use this :good: 8 month lab now and looks good. People always telling me how shing she looks and how good she looks :yes: But at £25 odd quid for 15KG like you say aint cheap. Will prob move her onto that DR. John stuff when shes older, sounds good stuff and good price <_<

there is a number of good complete dog feeds out there, skinners,chudleys, and dr johns on a cheaper scale, I vary between these 3,but definitely prefer skinners, but i very rarely feed complete my dogs are on raw food 85% of the time,

I stick with a feed which isn't full of colours, wagg, and more supermarket feeds, its full of additives because them colours aren't natural.

I use CSJ for my Springer's feed too. If you contact them and give all your dogs details they will send you out samples to try, I found them really helpfull and my dog is looking well on it. I do think regarding dog food you get what you pay for, I have tried Wagg Worker in the past and the poor dog was ******* like a horse!

i've had mine on a few.chudley's is good but my lab gets bored of it.rufus from BM which is really moist and oily or as dry as the sahara and gets binned.

but what i find she'll all the time is alpha gold.

the cocker eats anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he's just had an op to remove a stuck conker :good:

Pegleg, that's what mine's on at the moment (rufus) and seems good at the moment (with tinned dog food). Do you mean some is overly dry? If so, I'll be a bit more careful when I get the next lot :good:

exactly that :yes:

i was given a bag to try by a friend which seemed very good nice and oily.after that bag was finished i bought another from B&M which was really dry so i went to another place that sells rufus and that was worse.